Can 11th grade play JV

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2014
Michigan
In most places they can but I know that some leagues have bylaws that allow this to only happen Unser certain conditions. One of those conditions would be that they would have to be a first or second year player. Some schools/leagues have no rules regarding this issue at all and some are sport specific. I know a lot of times they get real fussy with this stuff in football and basketball.

Often times this becomes a 'philosophical' question as to SHOULD a junior play JV. Just like anything else, the situation dictates the motive for keeping a junior on JV. I've seen it be a good thing and a bad thing but every situation is different.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
In Illinois, JV is a mix of junior who don't play much on varsity and underclassmen who aren't challenged enough.

Nov 29, 2009
In Illinois, JV is a mix of junior who don't play much on varsity and underclassmen who aren't challenged enough.

I don't think so Ray. I believe that upperclassmen have to play varsity. Right now I don't have the time to read through the IHSA rule book for softball right now. Tryouts are going on right now. They started today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1