cameras and camcorder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2011
looking for advice on camera and/or camcorder for recording and breaking down the pitching motion, possibly with the ability to view the pictures at the practice field for immediate feedback. Renntiger had posted some great pictures taken with a casio ex-f1 are their any others that someone would recommend

May 13, 2008
We use IPod Touches at almost every practice with an app called Videopix to slo mo the video.'we can watch frame by frame and the girls get instant feedback.

Jul 26, 2010
Powerchalk 10 second telestrator is also available for free if you have an ASA membership. It does the same thing and you can draw lines, boxes, ect, and even do a voiceover and save the videos online with an ipod/ipad.

The kodak playsport also gets a lot of good reviews.

-W

May 25, 2008
Pickerington Ohio
The Casio cameras with high speed capability are the best I have ever used for breaking down pitching motion. Mine, the ZR100 has the option of shooting in 120, 240, 480 and 1000 frames per second. You can find them for $240 online.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Yeah the Casio are probably the best. I already had a point and shoot and got a Kodak go play for the price and vacation friendliness. It's not bad, and is also dust-proof, waterproof to 10m, and shock resistant, although when you advertise shock resistant being dropped from 4' I am not so sure about that last label.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1