Buying into Peel vs Roll Over

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2012
This is an interesting topic... As we know, I'm not in anyway a pitching coach or claim I know anything about pitching as I'm just learning. But I am a mother and know my daughter. She has always had a natural screw to her fb which she works really hard to not throw her fb with the twist. All winter she has been working on her peel drop because that is what was being taught. She's not that comfortable throwing it in a game but will if the coach asks her to. Anyway, the other day, she had a private and she expressed her concerns about throwing the peel drop. The pc suddenly started teaching her the rollover drop. She immediately picked it up and was so excited. Even after an hour private lesson, she came home and continued to work on it.

So whether it's peel or rollover, we need to take in consideration the strengths and weaknesses of the pitcher... :) Just my thoughts...

Feb 22, 2013
I was watching a game on ESPN last week and found it interesting that the announcer made mention that there was a D1 pitcher, that was pitching that night, that didn't learn how to throw a drop ball until she pitched in college.

Mar 28, 2013
One Of my DDs coaches(20 years college level Fastpitch) used to tell me that Girls try to learn a good drop ball all trough travel ball then give up on it till they get to college where the first thing they do is MAKE YOU LEARN IT.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd