Bustos - Howard Carrier

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2014
Low and outside
This whole discussion reminds me of a YouTube video, which I can't locate anymore, where a guy did a swing analysis of Babe Ruth. He pointed out every "flaw" in Ruth's swing that today's hitting coaches would have "corrected." At the time, I thought that he had basically created a strawman argument, because the first principle should be, "He's getting the best results of anybody at the highest level, so don't mess with it." Apparently, I might have been giving some hitting coaches too much credit on that score.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Bouldersdad daughter is a product of his and her hard work. She is also a Howard student, who a small few on here try to discredit in any way they can.
Like Tim said, results speak for them self.

SL

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Bouldersdad - Great clip

That is a video I will show the 13U team I coach. Hanson, Howard, I don't care.

I've coached against many players that have gone to Howard's and Crystl's clinics since I am in Ohio and he has done a lot of work here. Some are very good, some are just OK. Most of the time you can see them dedicated to purpose and focus on certain principles when they get up and that's always a good thing. Many times you can tell parents think this is a magic formula. There is no magic formula but he does a very good job.

Video is a great tool and lhowser and his team have much to learn from that beautiful cut. Lower body action, the rotation, movement of front arm and elbows in relation to one another. top hand through the swing.

That one should be posted in Model Swings.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I don't see anything about that swing to attack! It would be interesting to see any attempts to do do.
Just sitting here being good..
trollbird.gif

I think most of the 'attacks' (of each other) have been in this thread.:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877