Bustos - Howard Carrier

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Brit got to this level with being D1 size, and a tremendous amount of the right kind of practice. The mechanics of a lower leading drive and a good hand path.

I watched her and dad use a whip hit. Brit hit softballs, line drives right up the middle, one after another. Everyone I teach using this struggles with it.
It takes quite a few reps to hit balls up the middle.
When she was driving softballs into a net, my first thought was, wow I know how much practice she put in to hit that many good ones in a row like that.
Building a swing like hers takes time and effort.

Straightleg

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I watched her and dad use a whip hit. Brit hit softballs, line drives right up the middle, one after another. Everyone I teach using this struggles with it.
It takes quite a few reps to hit balls up the middle.

It's been a while since I considered the whip hit but I just was thinking about maybe looking at it last night. Is there a good demo video you have?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Only unbearable to those who still have the wool pulled over there eyes.

Choosing this as a model

Brndn062510_abc.gif

against this????

BDuncan.gif

So if I think that both swings look good to me but for different reasons then what do I have over my eyes? I hope you say chiffon...it is soft and makes me feel pretty.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have to ask since I dont follow this stuff, but who is that fine speciman in the background in the Walmart baseball pants and golfing cap?

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
lhowser Tim uses it alot for lessons. I know the whiphit site has a demo. Most of us have made our own whip hits. Bastian still sales them and the demo they use is not very good. Gerry can send you his demo and how he makes them. He is good with pictures. I, like Tim used it for many things. DD college team had one for every player. She like Britt , got really good at hitting softballs . I even watched her hit in a cage with one. She liked warming up for a game slapping balls into the ground. If you understand this tool and how it is used then think about some of the comments about Britt's swing. Anyone that has a whip hit try it for a good laugh.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
It's all about how it makes you feel. And if the guy's swing makes you feel good - who I am say you're wrong!

So if I think that both swings look good to me but for different reasons then what do I have over my eyes? I hope you say chiffon...it is soft and makes me feel pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877