Brooke 11u swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
For such a new hitter, Brooke has a very nice swing. Here are a couple of observations that may help her:

* Her current form is more "linear" than "rotational". When she lifts her front leg, she is actually striding forward, which disperses her power over a wider area. I also think she isn't getting the most out of her load due to this forward step. My advise would be for her to lift her leg straight up, so can feel her weight transfer from a neutral position to over her back leg and foot. When her front foot hits the ground and her hips begin to rotate, she will enjoy more power because of this more effective load.

* Another negative from her forward stride is she will have difficulty finishing on her front side. At the end of her swing, she is leaning back and the majority of her weight is on her back side. If she loads like I am suggesting, it will be easier for her to finish her swing on her front side, which is indicitive of full hip and shoulder rotation.

The key for Brooke at 11 and a relatively new hitter is to keep it simple. She is already ahead of most hitters her age. Good luck!

Per the 1st bolded statement, We spend a lot of time trying to get hitters to be this direct in the movements. It takes a while to dig in and break away the all back all forward teachings of instructors(if you are one?) like yourself.
This girls lower half says "LET'S GO, NOW!!!!!" It's great!!!

Per the 2nd bolded statement, Awe to hell with it, I think your just jacking around to fill your blog.

Post in a new thread called "Petricca413's hitting 101" all your beliefs and see what happens. Heck, maybe we will all learn something from it....

Jan 13, 2012
brooke2013.gif

MKempSnF2012.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish