Brooke 11u swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
Brooke just turned 11, Last year was her first year of any interest in sports & she played softball for the first time. Have a cage in the backyard for her brother but she barely took any swings until last April. This year she is more eager to take swings & she is looking foreward to getting outside to hit more. First time I have ever taped her swinging a bat. She hit's the ball ok in the cage but has to get some confidence in game situations so this year should be a little easier on her as she is practicing more. Hopefully i can get this link on here to post. Thanks for any tips

Brooke 11u swing - YouTube

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
1bb5ed49e74eab72f6e595a8a50b9a41.gif

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well the rear leg and hip rotate because they have to. But short burst as oppose to long driven mechanics. But then the coil, or recoil, or uncoil, may spoil the boil to the point RDbass may soil his shorts with oil. But the weight on the leg, ..........no no the other leg. Can you feel it? In the hands.......your hands. That's the swivel. No way you can toe tap with the back leg. Look at the clips!!! Didn't you see the barrel drop.....right there. Sure you can turn it.......no not the station.....the bat. I have problems with my front side "rolling over", the wife says I eat too much. Watch the femur, if it rotates too far you'll be a screamer. The knee needs a "V", practice that on a tee. Everything moves forward, after it all moves back. Torque, yea in there somewhere. You want to shift your weight, not wait on your shift.

Good luck.

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
Well the rear leg and hip rotate because they have to. But short burst as oppose to long driven mechanics. But then the coil, or recoil, or uncoil, may spoil the boil to the point RDbass may soil his shorts with oil. But the weight on the leg, ..........no no the other leg. Can you feel it? In the hands.......your hands. That's the swivel. No way you can toe tap with the back leg. Look at the clips!!! Didn't you see the barrel drop.....right there. Sure you can turn it.......no not the station.....the bat. I have problems with my front side "rolling over", the wife says I eat too much. Watch the femur, if it rotates too far you'll be a screamer. The knee needs a "V", practice that on a tee. Everything moves forward, after it all moves back. Torque, yea in there somewhere. You want to shift your weight, not wait on your shift.

Good luck.
:confused:I'm sure there's some advise in here somewhere but not really into poetry, thanks anyway

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Brooke just turned 11, Last year was her first year of any interest in sports & she played softball for the first time. Have a cage in the backyard for her brother but she barely took any swings until last April. This year she is more eager to take swings & she is looking foreward to getting outside to hit more. First time I have ever taped her swinging a bat. She hit's the ball ok in the cage but has to get some confidence in game situations so this year should be a little easier on her as she is practicing more. Hopefully i can get this link on here to post. Thanks for any tips

Brooke 11u swing - YouTube

I would not do anything to that swing
Probabably just pic drills that reinforce what she all ready has.
Just work low tee, high tee, and outside tee..Mix it up
Do the same thing with front toss

SL

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
I would not do anything to that swing
Probabably just pic drills that reinforce what she all ready has.
Just work low tee, high tee, and outside tee..Mix it up
Do the same thing with front toss

SL

Thanks she has made pretty good strides in regards to swinging with more intent. Last year being her first year was what I called love tap type swings. Looking foreward to a fun year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812