Broken wrist at nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Well, shoot! My great niece was involved in a collision at home and broke her glove hand wrist. The throw home was down the line toward 3rd and the runner hit Hailey's glove/arm. It was an accident and nothing unnecessarily rough. The trainer came on the field and looked at it, and I think that she continued to catch.

But, anyway she must have told my nephew that she needed to go to the hospital. She was already catching with her wisdom teeth packed. They were pulled less than a week ago.

All of this is going on in Mobile and they have to fly home to Houston.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I doubt it, or they would have told me. It will mess up her first few weeks of cheerleading, too. But, it could always have been worse.

Nov 1, 2009
Nothing worse than an injury that takes you out of the national tournament. I am sure she will be back and will probably have learned more than any one would guess from this experience. I pray she has a full and speedy recovery.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Sorry to hear that Amy. We got the opposite at this years worlds. First worlds tournament that my dd has gone through without an injury. Year 1...in pool play she got line drive in pitching elbow that i thought shattered it...thank goodness...it didn't...she was done with worlds though. Year 2...last game of bracket play...line drive into pitching wrist. Nothing broken. This year...NO INJURIES other than broken heart after the last game! :)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Bobby, my pitching DD took two of those LDs, to the glove wrist and it resulted in a ganglion cyst, that had to be removed. I ignored her complaints for a few days. I just wanted to give you a heads up. Good luck.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
I thought this past off season that we may be having that problem... as we went through a stint of wrist discomfort...but the little knot went down and she never complained about it again. So far so good. TY!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1