Broken Heart

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
If you ask me..HS is more taxing than travel ball. Its a tough schedule...and our HS has the girls that took weights...lifting during the softball season...in the last period of the day before practice and games. There is no logic to it and it is very hard on those girls. I am hoping they do it differently next year. They lifted weights or ran during the last period....then pitchers ran one to two miles at practice before pitching practice. Once games start...there is almost no break for them. Late nights are normal and its rough on the players and parents. They can and do get wore out.

Mar 13, 2010
I think you handled it properly. You showed her what she needed to hear (in a safe way) and got her pitching coach involved. Giving her a $10 pick me up is hardly rewarding her for being a typical teenager.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
They can and do get wore out.
They can and do get worn out, but the good keep right on going. It's so easy to reach post season and say no, I'm done... I've been doing this since February and I'm tired. But that dream keeps a lot of girls going. You've worked hard, time to make all of those late nights worth it.

May 28, 2011
First and only child...She plays softball year round, so this was our monthly "girls day" that the two of us go off and do something fun together...like the pedicure. Their only teenagers once and when she gets a day off from softball, I like to spend some time with her doing something away from the sport. They grow up so fast!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2011
I'm only dealing with a 12 yo... but holy cow there is a lot of drama in this softball thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06