BP with no-flight ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2022
TCB hole balls and Tanner hole balls are great for warm-ups. You can front toss them from any distance without worrying about injury. They don’t fly too far and won’t hurt any spectators If they get hit.

Oct 26, 2019
This is what we hit before games. All they really are is a Cool Whip top or plastic coffee can lid. Before my father passed away we sold them along with an instructional DVD, but when I was a kid we just collected the tops. At one point we gave a camp discount if you brought 10 lids to camp with you. We get some funny looks sometimes and at least a few coaches each weekend will come over who have never seen us hit them before and ask about them.5A9E1773-6E88-4E8D-B97E-82C58AAAC74D.jpeg

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
This is what we hit before games. All they really are is a Cool Whip top or plastic coffee can lid. Before my father passed away we sold them along with an instructional DVD, but when I was a kid we just collected the tops. At one point we gave a camp discount if you brought 10 lids to camp with you. We get some funny looks sometimes and at least a few coaches each weekend will come over who have never seen us hit them before and ask about them.View attachment 26809
Do you throw them underhand or Frisbee style?

Oct 26, 2019
Do you throw them underhand or Frisbee style?
Frisbee. Similar to the sand filled balls you get pretty good feedback when you square them up vs when you cut across them. There is definitely a learning curve to throwing them, which is why we did not sell as many. By varying the angle, you throw them, just like a frisbee, you can make them move and change speeds however you want. David Wright talks about hitting them when he was a kid in his book “The Captain”. He said when he got to pro baseball that he thought everyone grew up hitting them, and realized it was just us in our area of VA.

Jun 8, 2016
Frisbee. Similar to the sand filled balls you get pretty good feedback when you square them up vs when you cut across them. There is definitely a learning curve to throwing them, which is why we did not sell as many. By varying the angle, you throw them, just like a frisbee, you can make them move and change speeds however you want. David Wright talks about hitting them when he was a kid in his book “The Captain”. He said when he got to pro baseball that he thought everyone grew up hitting them, and realized it was just us in our area of VA.
If you made them a little smaller you could throw them overhand like Vitilla..

Oct 26, 2019
Probably the same thing as what @Towny9 is doing but might be a little easier to throw.
That’s actually how the idea started. My grandfather was an old navy guy who could flick a bottle cap (or penny) with pretty amazing accuracy. He used to have us hit them with a broomstick or whiffle ball bat in the living room.

Jun 8, 2016
That’s actually how the idea started. My grandfather was an old navy guy who could flick a bottle cap (or penny) with pretty amazing accuracy. He used to have us hit them with a broomstick or whiffle ball bat in the living room.
Your players won't have any issues with any movement pitches in softball if they can hit those :ROFLMAO:

Oct 26, 2019
If you made them a little smaller you could throw them overhand like Vitilla..
We experimented with a few different sizes. Here they are in action. Kinda crazy we haven’t sold them since my dad passed away 15 years ago and here is someone I’ve never met hitting them 3 years ago on YouTube.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles