BP with no-flight ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
After seeing literally thousands and thousands of these TCB balls hit, I’ve only ever witnessed one broken bat, can’t remember if it was a Xeno or LXT, but it was definitely a LS.
You can have those balls...I have felt bats bend more than they are made to do so. That compromises a
connection. Doesnt have to break right then and there.
People can do what they want, I would never use them on a game bat, I would never use them period.
My opinion.

Feb 26, 2020
Hi folks. Not sure exactly what they call it but I see people warming up prior to a game with a ball that doesn’t travel very far so coach can toss it real close. Think it’s red. Is it a weighted ball or something else? This is for 10u. Thanks.

Smoosh balls!! They are like stress balls. And Red. The girls absolutely love it and you can have 4-5 hitting at a time. We’ve been doing it since 10U and my team always comes to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
I think it's a mistake using bats or balls that are not in a game like setting.

Front toss is fine if you're not too close. Pitching machines are fine (unless the speed is too fast, ie. 60 mph at 30 ft). Tees are fine, but not if they are placed in the wrong place.

Side and high toss is not a game like situation.

Plastic balls, and weird bats are not game like.

I don't want to promote a move or read that is different from a game.

I've never seen an MLB team warm up with weird balls, however I have seen other weirdness.
hootersbaseball.jpg

Last edited:

The Uncoach

Clubhouse 7up
Jan 19, 2011
I've been using Driveline plyos for hitting since they came out for baseball. The skin is much different than the TCB balls. They truly pancake on miss hits. Frankly speaking, there are any number of ways to warm players up for pre-game, including impact wiffle balls. I always have a one piece bat handy for pregame/practice, if there is no cage and weighted balls make sense to use in a situation. I really like the purple plyos Driveline came out with recently that are smaller and weigh somewhere around a baseball. They require even greater focus and I will use those in side toss into a net. If a cage is available, unlike the powernet micros that are smaller yet (and thicker skinned), the Driveline are big enough that a standard batting cage net will tend to keep them in the cage. Bring those into the plate as fast as you can. Make your players fail. They won't see anything like it in game. A round of the plyos and a round of softballs challenging them. They will be better and ready.

Dec 11, 2010
The purple mini Plyo’s weigh 200 grams.

A real softball weighs between 177 and 198 grams according to a Google search.

I really like hitting real balls thrown live arm too. My goal with the Plyo’s is better quality contact.

BTW, I can confirm that the driveline mini Plyo’s are big enough to be stopped by netting. I had a few TCB golf sized ones years ago. Net doesn’t stop those buzzards. Yowza.

Dec 11, 2010
Driveline is running a 30% off special right now.

I bought the assortment plus some mini's.

Weights of the balls are listed on page #1 of this thread. Way better than TCB's if you have ever used them.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
For my HS team, I bought a couple of dozen orange BowNet balls. They have the holes in them and yet, give pretty good feedback to the hitter on contact with the ball. These balls could not possibly damage anything.
These are the best becsuse you can use your game bat but they travel pretty far on a good hit. (125 ft??) Nobody will get seriously hurt if not payIng attention. Heavy balls, especially at younger ages cause the hitters to squeeze the bat at contact. Not desirable. If you have room, used tennis balls are excellent and a lot cheaper.

Dec 11, 2010
Bat squeezing.

That's a new one. Usually its bats shattering, Ghosts breaking before they are taken out of the bag. Warranties revoked with extreme prejudice.

125'....? Thats a 75' space saver.

And they don't "over squeeze" the bat hitting 200 gram softballs? But they do hitting 200 gram plyos. O.K.

Sorry about the sarcasm. Not one goddamn thing isn't an argument anymore.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Well, I myself like TCB balls, my girls like the TCB balls! I take six of them and my 33" Rocketech to every tournament and we use them at every tournament. We don't overdo it, they each get 12 or so swings and move on, if a girl squares up and line drives six of them back to me I'll tell her to get out of there and.....next!

I find them to be a very useful product, but.....if I didn't have my Rocketech I wouldn't take or use them. This current team uses one LXT and the rest are using Ghost bats, so that'd be a solid NO!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478