Blatant cheating USSSA tournament. thoughts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I'm this close to drilling a hole in a ball and taking my DD to the fields to hit it.

My thought is the hollow ball won't travel.

I'm pretty sure that the performance of a ball with a partially hollowed out core would be similar to one that's been heavily hit for years.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Just spitballing here bit shouldn't the penalty be the same a using an illegal bat. Pitcher and Manager ejected?

Yes,,someone posted a 5 year hiatus which I think it right. Part of the problem is if does not span alphibit organizations and player just needs to move.

5 years is harsh.

DD was once crying in car on the way home, she wasn't feeling well and got crushed. Wouldn't change it if I could.

Next game batters were toast, she recovered and was determined.

Dec 11, 2010
I guarantee that mush balls are going into games constantly in these “use your own balls” tournaments.

When a ball is thrown in, it should come in to catcher and plate ump should take a quick look.

I hate cheaters. Keep your eyes open for this stuff.

Aug 25, 2019
In tourneys I umpire, (USSSA), they usually give us two balls to start. But a few fields we use have woods where foul balls quickly get lost and the coaches have to supply them. Now for high school we are told that the coaches supply the balls now, we don’t handle them at all, dumbest COVID protocol yet.

Jan 28, 2017
Had a great baseball team that hit 43 homeruns and played in the final four. Playing a good team and our leadoff hitter crushed a ball that only went about 300 feet (he played in MLB). Our two hole hit a shoot and it didn't go anywhere. I noticed their pitcher took the ball to the dugout. Then they hit a popup that carried and went out.

I told our 4 hole to bunt the ball foul to me. What? Just do it. I took a gamer out of my back pocket and threw it to the pitcher. We had our pitcher throw the dude the entire game and carry it to the dugout. Told our bench players if the got a foul ball I would run them forever. LOL.

Their coach just stood there with his arms folded. I think the umpire knew what was going on. He laughed every time I walked to third. Only time we ever played them. Won 15-1.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I will never understand how the coach could feel good about any wins that were the result of this sort of cheating. Every time I thought about the game, I'd also have a little flash of "yeah, but you did that thing" go through my head, even if nobody else ever knew about it.

It's not even taking advantage of a situation in a moment. It's premeditated. It's going into a game planning to break rules. What's even the point of playing if that's how you approach the sport?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog