Blatant cheating USSSA tournament. thoughts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
Outside of making the ball a bit lighter and making it compress a bit more on contact, probably nothing in terms of movement if the pitcher doesn't know how to take advantage of it. Not sure how much the first two things I mentioned would help....

From the description, I’m picturing a ball with a quarter-sized dimple on the surface. Any kid who has worked with the pink and green riseball trainer would be able to use that depression to put extra spin on the ball.

I would be furious if I was the parent of this pitcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
From the description, I’m picturing a ball with a quarter-sized dimple on the surface. Any kid who has worked with the pink and green riseball trainer would be able to use that depression to put extra spin on the ball.

Ok that makes sense..I guess with my utter lack of knowledge about softball pitching I wasn't able to visualize what he was talking about. I was thinking a hole was drilled all the way through.. :LOL:

Mar 28, 2014
I'm this close to drilling a hole in a ball and taking my DD to the fields to hit it.

My thought is the hollow ball won't travel.
tenor.gif

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

So as to get their finger on the edge of the depression to get more bite? I get that, problem is there’s a very low percentage of 14U/B players who can actually throw a correct rise ball, and throw it hard enough to actually break! Not saying they’re not out there, just not as many as you’d think!

This is nothing more than a stupid Dad move from a guy who reads too much internet! And I agree as the parent of this pitcher I’d be mad......but it’s probably the coach‘s DD!

Gimmicks don’t work, and a high FB is NOT a rise ball, it takes tons of work to properly execute a true rise ball! And for the girl who can properly throw one, this is an insult!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
TD and/ or UIC knows nothing about what is going on until someone brings it to thier attention.

I have seen softie balls get into the games somehow but have never seen anything as blanted as OP.. DD pitched she knows immediately it is a softie throws it back.

I do not like cheaters, but I have always thought the 5 years is harsh. I think player is allowed to appeal after a year. Too lazy to look it up.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So tell me about this hollowed out hole in the ball trick.....benefit of it??

I'm thinking this new 10U Rec league is going to be super competitive, looking for any advantage I can find! ;)
:) put a lump on the ball and watch it bounce & roll funny
doink doink doink....

Jul 14, 2018
I get that, problem is there’s a very low percentage of 14U/B players who can actually throw a correct rise ball, and throw it hard enough to actually break!

This is nothing more than a stupid Dad move from a guy who reads too much internet!

100% true on both counts. DD is a 14B and is just grazing the lower end of the required velocity. She’s started to learn it, and has thrown a couple of good ones in practice, but nowhere near game-ready.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red