Big thanks to this board!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 31, 2011
DD was a bench warmer last year in the batting order. In some games the coaches would use the Flex rule to keep here pitching but out of the batting lineup. Ended season at a .112. After the season she asked me to help her. Following the bits and pieces on this forum we made a plan and started in working on it in Oct. Bit by bit, piece by piece she worked hard and I read every thread I could find about batting and modified that plan as we went along.

Well after hundred of hours of me placing a ball on a tee ( and hand hit by a bat), it has paid off. First Tournament of the year and she hits .550 over 8 games. Only one SO and was the DP when she was not pitching.

In three years prior, everything I though I was doing right did nothing to help her ( I think I made it worse). After hitting a triple, the cheer of her teammates and grin on her face, let me know it has been worth it to her.

Thank you to all who share their knowledge to the poor saps like me who never played. Your selfless acts have made this game more fun for my DD.

It has been a journey for me too. So much information and varying opinions on the art of batting. I have had to learn how to even follow what many of you discuss.

Thanks again.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Nice to hear that she stuck with it, probably helped other parts of her game. I think I'll share what your DD did with mine.

Mar 31, 2011
2 or 3 things.... Turned off the pitching machine. Made a plan and stuck with it. Simplified, 4 tee drills and front toss. 5-10 minutes everyday if possible. 30 minutes 3 times a week. Read, read and read to find what she was doing wrong and worked on one thing at a time. Built her swing starting at the hands, to the arms to the hips and then footwork. Any regression and it was back to starting point.

It is still a work in progress. She has a long way to go. Number one thing was to quit trying to do 20 different drills with no clue what they were for.

Btw, I have a closet full of batting aids and gadgets if anyone wants to give me a bid on the lot...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loudee16