Best Score Keeping Tool

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
We currently use the book only. I must say after multiple seasons I still suck at the book. So I want to try a score keeping application.

Is Game Changer the best or is there a different product you would recommend?

Apr 1, 2017
We currently use the book only. I must say after multiple seasons I still suck at the book. So I want to try a score keeping application.

I don't know about other apps, but if you are just starting, I would use Team Manager instead of Gamechanger. Manager is basically GC 2.0, and GC will be going away at some point. Also, TM offers live streaming through the app, if that's something you are interested in.

Oct 4, 2018
Love Game Changer. While I find it better than Team Manager for now, Team Manager will soon be the only option. So might as well just start there. Both owned by same company.

Oct 4, 2018
What do you find better about it?

Better functionality on the web (to sort and edit stats)
Better feed -- I don't like how Team Manager shows every game for every team I follow on the same feed
Love the "Try Scorekeeping" feature on Game Changer (as I teach a lot of parents how to use it)
Don't like having to select "Softball" in Team Manager when looking for an opponent.

Some is just me, some things they'll fix. I'll probably move over to Team Manager for all the teams I manage in the Fall. And I do like some of the improvements they've made.

Apr 1, 2017
Better functionality on the web (to sort and edit stats)
Better feed -- I don't like how Team Manager shows every game for every team I follow on the same feed
Love the "Try Scorekeeping" feature on Game Changer (as I teach a lot of parents how to use it)
Don't like having to select "Softball" in Team Manager when looking for an opponent.

Even though we switched to Team Manager, I would agree with this list. My assumption (hope can be a dangerous thing), is that TM will get better with time. Even from Feb to now, TM seems much improved. My original comment was more for someone that hasn't used either yet, I would think TM would be the place to start, but who knows, maybe 5 years from now we'll still be talking about GC "going away".

Feb 24, 2021

We use book and Game Changer. I also do the stats for our team on Max Preps, so my stats are the official ones (unless the coaches want to make a change)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez