best game ever played...30 min later...worst game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2012
North
This past weekend my team played its best game ever. Battled every at bat, great defence and outstanding pitching. Unfortunately that changed for about 5 minutes and we lost it. Anyways, the best we ever did. 20 minutes later, new game vs opponent we mercied day before. Worst game ever! We felt like babysitters out there. Moping, whining the works. Tried all game to pick em up. Nothing worked and opponent returned favour.

Who has the million dollar question-How do you pick em up after such a heartbreaker?

Jul 9, 2010
If any of us had the answer to that question, we'd bottle it and sell it, and be rich.

The only I can give us what a good friend and co-coach used to tell me at those moments "it's a funny game that way."

Nov 23, 2012
North
What did you guys mess up on? Fielding, hitting, pitching?

All the above. Wasn't about that so much as getting them to want to get back out there and play hard. The team, well the competative players, are looking for success. They really wanted that game. Don't get me wrong, we're a 10u team. Just very frustrated at the crappy attitude out there.

Amy and jackets, you're right, it happens all the time to everyone. Guess I needed to let it out.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
All the above. Wasn't about that so much as getting them to want to get back out there and play hard. The team, well the competative players, are looking for success. They really wanted that game. Don't get me wrong, we're a 10u team. Just very frustrated at the crappy attitude out there.

Amy and jackets, you're right, it happens all the time to everyone. Guess I needed to let it out.

10u?? I would suggest taking them out for pizza or something and moving on. Don't let them sit and squander about that to long.Actually we took our team to the go-karts, they forgot about the loss and did well at next game.

Mar 28, 2013
There are all kinds of lessons that need to be learned by players and being able to come back after a poor performance is one of them. My guess is they are even less happy about it than you are. The mental game of softball will always be 75% of how well they perform. At ten they are in the process of learning that. Give them the time and they will learn to master finding the zone and make you proud every game.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877