Best Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Any opinions on the x12 LS bats?
I would go drop 11 LXT if your looking for a light weight Slugger bat. It’s more evenly balanced than Xeno.
We have a 2015 X-12. It’s more of a base knock bat for youngsters. I know the price is enticing but your better off getting previous years LXT/Xeno models. Our X-12 has a rattle inside barrel and isn’t game worthy any more.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Which Demarini model are you guys looking at the strongest?

I don't know yet. It's up to Maddie, and her team isn't getting together to demo and pick bats for another two weeks. I'd like her to try the Prism, but if it's not available in a -9, she might not like the feel compared with her Ghost. She's familiar with the CF-series from years past (CF6 and CF8). She still has a 33/23 CF8, and says it feels really light, but dead. It's going to be totally her call on this.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I don't know yet. It's up to Maddie, and her team isn't getting together to demo and pick bats for another two weeks. I'd like her to try the Prism, but if it's not available in a -9, she might not like the feel compared with her Ghost. She's familiar with the CF-series from years past (CF6 and CF8). She still has a 33/23 CF8, and says it feels really light, but dead. It's going to be totally her call on this.
The HC of Anna's 18U National team was / is a huge fan of Demarini, she gives hitting lessons at night in our organizations indoor facitily, she's told me several times she's love to see Anna try a Zen........so I guess that was the Demarini she was such a fan of!

I don't think Anna will ever use a 34" bat, she's 5'0" tall :rolleyes:, sometimes I think a 33" is pushing it! But if she ever for some reason (?) moves away from her Ghost to a Demarini or say a Power Carbon, she'll definitely have to move to a -9 bat! I know how light Demarini bats are, the 33/23 Power Carbon we bought for a team bat honestly felt like a 21 ounce bat, it was just too light!

I'm interested to see which bat Maddie chooses........with the videos you've posted recently, and as big as she's gotten lately, I'll bet she picks a 33" -9 bat........now which model, no idea??

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The HC of Anna's 18U National team was / is a huge fan of Demarini, she gives hitting lessons at night in our organizations indoor facitily, she's told me several times she's love to see Anna try a Zen........so I guess that was the Demarini she was such a fan of!

I don't think Anna will ever use a 34" bat, she's 5'0" tall :rolleyes:, sometimes I think a 33" is pushing it! But if she ever for some reason (?) moves away from her Ghost to a Demarini or say a Power Carbon, she'll definitely have to move to a -9 bat! I know how light Demarini bats are, the 33/23 Power Carbon we bought for a team bat honestly felt like a 21 ounce bat, it was just too light!

I'm interested to see which bat Maddie chooses........with the videos you've posted recently, and as big as she's gotten lately, I'll bet she picks a 33" -9 bat........now which model, no idea??

Because of the end-loaded feel of the Ghost, Maddie might find comfort in the Insane. Just guessing, at this point.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Dont go to heavy in the cf insane, The 34 -9 in the cf insane is 25.6oz. They are overweight like the ghost.
That’s only .6 of an ounce over sticker, that’s not really overweight, especially for the girl who is swinging and wants a 34/25 -9 bat!

When I think truly “overweight” the Rocketech comes to mind! We had a 31” RT that weighed 25.6 oz, now that’s overweight!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And the Insane endload isn't really a big endload...nothing major to worry about. I actually barely consider
it an endload, its was just slightly heavier than the regular CF.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Dont go to heavy in the cf insane, The 34 -9 in the cf insane is 25.6oz. They are overweight like the ghost.
Thanks for the info.

The Ghost tends to be 1+ oz over sticker, and has a slight end load, so the -9 Insane might actually be pretty close. If it's an option for her, I'm going to suggest she give it a try.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619