Best Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
DD's new team is Wilson-only gear. This means she will have to give up her beloved 2020 Ghost. She strongly dislikes the LS sound, and has used Demarini before. At first glance, a -9 Prism might be a good fit for her, but I'm not seeing that the -9s are available yet. In a couple of weeks, she will have a chance to take some test swings with different models before she makes her decision.
Do you get free/reduced prices on equipment if you have to use certain sponsor gear?
Our new team is sponsored by Easton but you can use any gear you choose.
Like you mentioned she may like the Demarini hollow sound of CF series or maybe Prism. If she gives the LXT/Xeno a fair shake she might warm-up to those as well.
I personally hate the sound of the 16 Xeno. Sounds like broken glass real bad. We have 17, 18, & 19 Xeno’s and they have much more subdued sounds. Still distinct and hard to describe but not as “glass shattering” as older bats.
I just purchased 2020 Ghost based on all the positive reviews. Almost bought 2020 Prism as well but daughter wants LXT. Of course I just saw 1st pics of 2020 Ghost that cracked along the barrel. It makes sense though. 2018 had cracking issues and 2020 is made out of same composite.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Do you get free/reduced prices on equipment if you have to use certain sponsor gear?
Our new team is sponsored by Easton but you can use any gear you choose.
Like you mentioned she may like the Demarini hollow sound of CF series or maybe Prism. If she gives the LXT/Xeno a fair shake she might warm-up to those as well.
I personally hate the sound of the 16 Xeno. Sounds like broken glass real bad. We have 17, 18, & 19 Xeno’s and they have much more subdued sounds. Still distinct and hard to describe but not as “glass shattering” as older bats.
I just purchased 2020 Ghost based on all the positive reviews. Almost bought 2020 Prism as well but daughter wants LXT. Of course I just saw 1st pics of 2020 Ghost that cracked along the barrel. It makes sense though. 2018 had cracking issues and 2020 is made out of same composite.

We get discounted prices, but we have to buy through the org. Her previous team was an "Easton" team but the only requirement was that the team spend a certain about of money on Easton products (easily covered by bags and batting helmets). The new team is much more strict about their gear requirements. For us, the compromise is worth it to be on this team.

My DD hates the LS sound and won't consider an LS bat if she has another option. Before going to Ghost, she swung a CF8, and a CF6 before that. She's is bummed to give up her Ghost, but will will go along with Demarini without too much whining.

Every bat breaks. I've seen pics of Prisms broken in the first couple of weeks. These things happen. That's why there's a warranty.

Apr 28, 2019
We get discounted prices, but we have to buy through the org. Her previous team was an "Easton" team but the only requirement was that the team spend a certain about of money on Easton products (easily covered by bags and batting helmets). The new team is much more strict about their gear requirements. For us, the compromise is worth it to be on this team.

My DD hates the LS sound and won't consider an LS bat if she has another option. Before going to Ghost, she swung a CF8, and a CF6 before that. She's is bummed to give up her Ghost, but will will go along with Demarini without too much whining.

Every bat breaks. I've seen pics of Prisms broken in the first couple of weeks. These things happen. That's why there's a warranty.
I’ve seen a couple new prisms break as well. With LS it seems to be endcap or rattles rather than catastrophic failure.
There’s always a 2018 PXT if she can’t find a suitable Demarini. But Demarini has some good choices out for 2020.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I’ve seen a couple new prisms break as well. With LS it seems to be endcap or rattles rather than catastrophic failure.
There’s always a 2018 PXT if she can’t find a suitable Demarini. But Demarini has some good choices out for 2020.

I have heard a lot more strongly unfavorable comments about the PXT than I've heard favorable. As long as Demarini is an option for her under the WIlson umbrella, she won't pick an LS.

Apr 26, 2015

I love how each girl can find the bat that works for her. DD loves her Xeno - says the sound alone makes her feel like she hits well (her very favorite bat was the '14 LXT which was even louder) - on the other hand she said the Demarini's were just too quiet and she felt like she had no power. I'll admit - I felt like she hit pretty comparably with both bats...but you gotta go with what they like! She just swung a '20 Ghost for the first time the other day (I know - took her long enough!) and really liked it...so she may swing a Ghost for HS ball...but like your DD, she plays for a Wilson sponsored team so she will swing her Xeno during TB season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619