Beneficial to fastpitch or not

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Had the second practice today. Fourteen kids. All under 10 years old I believe. Complete beginners. We spent most of the first practice getting them to put the glove on the non-throwing hand. We decided to use tennis balls only. But the head coach forgot the tennis balls today, so we used real balls. Scary, but no one got hurt.

We then used a rubber ball and throw-down bases without bats or gloves and played an otherwise normal game. Today they learned that 3 strikes are an out, that they are out if the ball gets to 1st before they do (and is not dropped). They learned what a force play is. That a caught fly ball is an out, etc. Then we hit the hitting stick with regular bats.

We had a local HS coach help out today, also. And they and we had a lot of fun. This is better than I thought it would be. We may have some of them ready for fall rec ball.

Oct 25, 2009
What happened to the 12U players?

Good question. I have no idea. I just try to work with those that come. I see several that I know will be good if they stay in the sport. And there are always some that exceed what they first look like.

12U would be much better as far as I'm concerned. The good news is that all of these will be 12U at some point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32