Below 1k pitching machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
Hi guys;

Can you give me suggestion which pitching machine that really works and have accurate pitch that is below USD1k? I have blue frame louise slugger ultimate pitching machine. Unfortunately it doesn't throw accurate pitch (sometimes are strike and sometimes are ball).

Or is there anyone here want to sell their used pitching machine? Please let me know.

Thanks....

Aug 18, 2010
Hi guys;

Can you give me suggestion which pitching machine that really works and have accurate pitch that is below USD1k? I have blue frame louise slugger ultimate pitching machine. Unfortunately it doesn't throw accurate pitch (sometimes are strike and sometimes are ball).

Or is there anyone here want to sell their used pitching machine? Please let me know.

Thanks....

I purchased mine from this site Affordable Quality Baseball, Softball, & Football Pitching Machines for our backyard batting cage that I purchased from Portable Batting Cages with L-Screen | Cages*Plus. They have three model under $1k with free shipping. I've used Jugs and this pitching machine is as good.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hi guys;

Thanks....

You already have the only one I would use. "Sometimes are strike, sometimes are balls"...kind of like a real pitcher.

Apr 23, 2012
I bought the firstpitch baseline model last year. (Think I paid 650.00) We use this thing 3 to 4 times a week with 5+ girls each session for hours at a time. It has a 5 year warrenty and is transferable to anyone you sell it to. Two other people I know have this model also and never heard any issues from them either.

I haven't had any issues. Only thing I had to do when I got it was attach legs, sand the wheel and start throwing balls. After purchasing this one I would never spend the kind of money jugs is asking for their softball machine.

IMHO: Most poeple think that you just plug it up set speed and start throwing balls. To really get the most out of the machine you need to simulate a windmill motion with one hand while holding another ball in the other at the ball shoot and when finishing the pitch the ball in your hand that does the windmill hits the ball in your other hand puching the ball through the shoot to pitch. You need to set the horizonal set screw just thight enough so that with a little force with one hand you can adjust the machine to throw inside and outside pitches. I also change speeds in between pitches to simulate change ups. I do this when I reach down for another ball that way the batter doesn't see me do this. With doing this one thing I noticed was the girls were able to hear the wheel slowing down, so what I done was let them put a radio playing music by them so they couldn't hear the wheel speeding up or down. Once you do it a few times you will find that you can do all this very quickly without them noticing.

Hope this helped you out.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
I bought the firstpitch baseline model last year. (Think I paid 650.00) We use this thing 3 to 4 times a week with 5+ girls each session for hours at a time. It has a 5 year warrenty and is transferable to anyone you sell it to. Two other people I know have this model also and never heard any issues from them either.

I haven't had any issues. Only thing I had to do when I got it was attach legs, sand the wheel and start throwing balls. After purchasing this one I would never spend the kind of money jugs is asking for their softball machine.
I have the same machine with good results. The dimple balls work great but I have a hard time using any other type of balls. You can get them cheaper than 650.00 if you shop around a bit.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

IMHO: Most poeple think that you just plug it up set speed and start throwing balls. To really get the most out of the machine you need to simulate a windmill motion with one hand while holding another ball in the other at the ball shoot and when finishing the pitch the ball in your hand that does the windmill hits the ball in your other hand puching the ball through the shoot to pitch. You need to set the horizonal set screw just thight enough so that with a little force with one hand you can adjust the machine to throw inside and outside pitches. I also change speeds in between pitches to simulate change ups. I do this when I reach down for another ball that way the batter doesn't see me do this. With doing this one thing I noticed was the girls were able to hear the wheel slowing down, so what I done was let them put a radio playing music by them so they couldn't hear the wheel speeding up or down. Once you do it a few times you will find that you can do all this very quickly without them noticing.

Hope this helped you out.

Howard Dobson (LSU hitting coach) does a really funny comedy routine making fun of people doing a windmill with a pitching machine.
I will just say he thinks it's not a great idea. He says, and mimics it in a much funnier more offensive way though.

Jun 21, 2010
I found my Jugs machine on craigslist. For $650 I got the machine, 45 dimpled balls, a Jugs liteflite machine and a couple dozen wiffle balls. Look for used and contact Jugs with the serial number for age of the machine. The biggest cost for maintenance is the curcuit board, which don't fail too often. Balls can be spendy too.

FWIW, I had a local fence builder come and install 3 inch post 3 feet in the ground with 9 feet above. 240 lbs of concrete on each post. Cost was $1000 for labor and supplies. Net was ~$550. So, don't forget the other cost when purchasing a machine.

Apr 23, 2012
Howard Dobson (LSU hitting coach) does a really funny comedy routine making fun of people doing a windmill with a pitching machine.
I will just say he thinks it's not a great idea. He says, and mimics it in a much funnier more offensive way though.

We use the Windmill action with young girls as a trigger when the hand gets to 12 oclock for them to load and get ready to hit the ball.

I have season tickets to LSU softball and I can tell you this, if his skills and knowledge as a hitting coach are based on the performance of his players at the plate then he might want to try another profession. LSU hitting as a team was at the bottom of almost every statistic in division 1 Softball this year.
team batting average Ranking 267 out of 283 ( .220)

Batting Average - NCAA.com

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
I'm sorry if I don't really get what you guy said above (my English is not good). Do you mean firstpitch baseline only throw dimple ball only and not suitable for official softball?

Oct 10, 2011
I have not had luck using official softballs in the FirstPitch machine. My friend has a Jugs and comparing the two, I'd definitely go with a Jugs if possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan