Batting Cage in backyard?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2011
Tempe, Az
I am looking to put up a netted batting cage in the backyard I was wondering if anyone has experience with these and could point me in the right direction.

I also plan on getting a machine and tee but suggestions for those are welcome too.

Aug 18, 2010
I am looking to put up a netted batting cage in the backyard I was wondering if anyone has experience with these and could point me in the right direction.

I also plan on getting a machine and tee but suggestions for those are welcome too.

I have the following cage from the company, Cages Plus. Portable Batting Cages with L-Screen | Cages*Plus. You purchase the emt conduit at Lowes or Home depot.
I also have a pitching machine from FirstPitch. Affordable Quality Baseball, Softball, & Football Pitching Machines

Both have been very good products. Cage can be used indoors or outdoors. If used indoors you can purchase rubber feet off ebay to protect the floors.

Sep 17, 2009
I'd love to see pictures of backyard cages. Also love to see costs broken out including 1) netting cost, 2) support costs. Plus how long take to build, etc. etc....

Plus: do your neighbors now hate you ; >

"Plus: do your neighbors now hate you"

Thus the advantage of living in the country! I sure do not miss living in the suburbs. When I set ours up about five years ago I made sure that the legs/ uprights were about 18" longer (to sink into the ground). I also cut sleeves (out of a slightly larger diameter pipe) to sink into the ground. The uprights slide into these sleeves so that the whole thing can be disassembled when needed. I used quick set cement to keep the sleeves in place. Make sure you cover the sleeves when not in use.

Dec 29, 2011
Tempe, Az
I have the following cage from the company, Cages Plus. Portable Batting Cages with L-Screen | Cages*Plus. You purchase the emt conduit at Lowes or Home depot.
I also have a pitching machine from FirstPitch. Affordable Quality Baseball, Softball, & Football Pitching Machines

Both have been very good products. Cage can be used indoors or outdoors. If used indoors you can purchase rubber feet off ebay to protect the floors.

Wow just what I was looking for cage wise. Looks pretty simple and if needed I can take it down pretty quickly.

@Amy from Az I have not see this cage I am guessing its on craigslist somewhere?

@RichK I would like to see something like that too but from the looks of the first link posted I am thinking with everything included I might be able to pull this off for under 1k.

Also my HOA says nothing about it and its not like I will be using it at night or in the morning. The guy next to me is pretty easy going plus we have block walls so I should be able to pull it off.

Jan 24, 2009
IMG_6022[1].jpg

Chain link 70Lx12Hx16W.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd