bat suggestion?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
Looking for a 29/18 for my 4' 7" 85 LB DD

Thinking demarini cf6

Anyone have a different suggestion for a girl her size?

I'd look at a 30" bat for her. She just might get two seasons out of it!

The aforementioned DeMarini CF6 -11 is about as good a bat as has ever been made for younger girls. It hits with any drop -10 and provides that extra measure of control that a lighter bat gives younger girls who lack adult strength.

A couple of others to look at are the DeMarini CF5 in -10 and the Louisville Slugger LXT in -10. Both of these bats tend to run a slight bit under the published sticker weight. They are hotter than a branding iron and require minimal break-in, too.

I do a ton of research and measure a lot of different things with all these bats with an eye toward bats used by 10 - 14 year old girls. I like many for many different reasons, and all of the high-end bats from every manufacturer can be "the best bat" for at least some girls. But if I were asked to recommend one bat for anything that can be described as close to an "average-sized" 10 year old girl, it would be the CF6 -11.

That being said, the more I see from the LXT, the more I am liking it for pretty much all girls in the 10-14 age range. The thing is crazy hot, swings light, doesn't sting even on the worst mis-hits and offers about the smoothest ride I've ever experienced in a composite bat. It sounds cool, too....kinda like someone teed up a wine glass and smacked it as hard as they can. :) When someone gets ahold of one with an LXT, heads quickly turn to see where it's going to fly.

Mar 19, 2014
My DD is same height but 95lbs and 8 years old and she's swinging a 30/18 Miken Rain and the bat has great pop but I think it's a tad too long for her. She's not hitting as well as she was with her cheap 27/17. I think having her go up 3 inches in one shot was too much for her.

May 22, 2012
Amy

the director of her program has suggested the size after each girl was personally evaluated. She already has a new 30/20 for the future.

May 22, 2012
I'd look at a 30" bat for her. She just might get two seasons out of it!

The aforementioned DeMarini CF6 -11 is about as good a bat as has ever been made for younger girls. It hits with any drop -10 and provides that extra measure of control that a lighter bat gives younger girls who lack adult strength.

A couple of others to look at are the DeMarini CF5 in -10 and the Louisville Slugger LXT in -10. Both of these bats tend to run a slight bit under the published sticker weight. They are hotter than a branding iron and require minimal break-in, too.

I do a ton of research and measure a lot of different things with all these bats with an eye toward bats used by 10 - 14 year old girls. I like many for many different reasons, and all of the high-end bats from every manufacturer can be "the best bat" for at least some girls. But if I were asked to recommend one bat for anything that can be described as close to an "average-sized" 10 year old girl, it would be the CF6 -11.

That being said, the more I see from the LXT, the more I am liking it for pretty much all girls in the 10-14 age range. The thing is crazy hot, swings light, doesn't sting even on the worst mis-hits and offers about the smoothest ride I've ever experienced in a composite bat. It sounds cool, too....kinda like someone teed up a wine glass and smacked it as hard as they can. :) When someone gets ahold of one with an LXT, heads quickly turn to see where it's going to fly.

thanks Angels. A quick look around and the cf6 is $229 and the LXT is $349 and doesn't seem to come smaller than 30/20. This may end up and easy decision.

ANYONE have thoughts on the worth legit for a girl this size?

My DD is same height but 95lbs and 8 years old and she's swinging a 30/18 Miken Rain and the bat has great pop but I think it's a tad too long for her. She's not hitting as well as she was with her cheap 27/17. I think having her go up 3 inches in one shot was too much for her.
I'd pretty seriously doubt the bat is too big for her. She's just used to swinging a bat that was way too small for her and the big 3" jump is what she is struggling with. Time and lots of swings will fix it.

At 95 lbs, I'd have a nice little 31/20 or 31/21 waiting in the wings already. The extra length really helps them cover the plate and makes hitting the low & outside pitch not as impossible as it seemed with the short bat. I'd introduce it not long after she gets comfortable with the 30" bat she is swinging now. Going back & forth with only 1" difference is easy and you quickly see when she has "graduated" to the longer bat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves