Bat Speed vs. Exit Speed?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
if you eat too much you will die, if you drink too much water you will drown, if you work out too much you will break down. If you swing too hard and fast you lose control or efficiency or both. Too much of anything plays everywhere !! 😎
If you go through life worrying about trying too hard all you'll wind up with is regret for not giving it your all and you're life will suck.
I'd rather strike out swinging for the fence than hit fly balls outs to the warning track for fear of striking out.
Most MLB owners agree and that's why the numbers reflect it. Homers are up/ so are strikeouts. The best get good at 100%.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Maybe that's why men's fences are 300-400 feet and they use wood bats and the women's fences are 200-220 and bats are composite?
No.
Bat speed, bat weight, and angle efficiencies have everything to do with it. The ball doesn't care about the sex of the batter.
Don’t know physics so I have to study physical.
So you’re saying a 6’6” 250 lb male with 20” forearms doesn’t have a better chance of getting more exit speed than bat speed than a 5’10” 150 lb female with 12” forearms?

Feb 25, 2020
Blast is the most reliable knob sensor I think, both accuracy and precision wise.

That being said its still +/- 3mph.

I've been looking for the q in the following equation for a fastpitch bat and ball.
The formula (1+q)(batspeed)+(q*pitchspeed) seems to work for MLB ball and wood bats(with a q of .2). That is for a perfectly struck ball. So for an 85 mph bat speed you'd expect 102 mph off a tee and ~118 from a 90 mph pitch(83 at the plate.)

Here's a good one from hitting vault

Here's one that has a lot of good stuff also(that equation with q.)

Jul 29, 2013
Don’t know physics so I have to study physical.
So you’re saying a 6’6” 250 lb male with 20” forearms doesn’t have a better chance of getting more exit speed than bat speed than a 5’10” 150 lb female with 12” forearms?
saying the ball doesn't know/care the sex or size of the batter.

Jul 29, 2013
Blast is the most reliable knob sensor I think, both accuracy and precision wise.

I've been looking for the q in the following equation for a fastpitch bat and ball.
The formula (1+q)(batspeed)+(q*pitchspeed) seems to work for MLB ball and wood bats(with a q of .2). That is for a perfectly struck ball. So for an 85 mph bat speed you'd expect 102 mph off a tee and ~118 from a 90 mph pitch(83 at the plate.)

When you find the softball "Q" please post it.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
folks should really explore and understand number 2. The faster the bat speed is... the shorter time it’s in the hitting zone right? The shorter time it’s on plane with the pitch?

of course we want ‘fast enough’. Law of diminishing returns plays in everything.
You cant be serious. You are telling people to limit their bat speed?? I must be reading this wrong.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You cant be serious. You are telling people to limit their bat speed?? I must be reading this wrong.

bobby is that you? Lol. The faster the bat goes the quicker you are out of the hitting zone. The Shorter time your bat will be on plane. It works both ways. You guys cant see the forrest for the trees.

read the very first post again.Number 2 bullet point. The BEST players have LoWeR bat speeds.

Apr 16, 2013

Ok, so Coach Lisle says (for softball players) if you can hit 75+, give him a call. How do I give him a call?!?! :D I figure hitting a ball 290+ feet is getting close to 85mph exit speed, minimum 80.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA