Bat Speed vs. Exit Speed?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
It seems a little odd that the "down to" demonstration that King Albert describes has qualifiers attached to it (such as missing posture, etc.), yet the 'slightly up' swing plane that Teddy Baseball describes is taken so literally. Can someone send me a syllabus so I know which pros I'm actually supposed to pay attention to?

Everyone in the majors swings slightly up

Soto fits Ted's path.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
OK , I skipped to this point, but I did see the let go of the bat swing gif. I believe that is the exception. When the ball is coming at you at 97 mph or 72 mph these pros do weird stuff to hit the ball.
So on board with you on this RADcatcher.

Am I realizing that I am coaching various athletes with unique physical and mental characteristics.

For hitting, do I have the courage to look at hitting as an individual event that that has variables such as:

• 11 Different hitting models
  • 2 Different hitting tempos
  • 7 Different visual patterns
  • Dominate eye
Or am I trying to mold all hitters into one?
Dont forget body type and personality

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Everyone in the majors swings slightly up

Soto fits Ted's path.
Soto starts with level shoulders which gives him a leveler swing. He would probably do better if he started with a little more downhill shoulder (think Batista). I will give him a call and advise him.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
No argument there, was going to mention that, but then thought most would understand what Ted was trying to convey with the illustration (plane matching), and not that it was technically correct (since baseball pitches don't come in like that). Sorry, not time I'll try to remember the complete audience, not just the ones with common sense. My bad. :ROFLMAO:

Did you think about what you wrote, and that you didn't realize that I was only talking about the barrel entering and exiting the hitting zone (as stated), and NOT how it got there? Do I really have to hold your hand, and step you through everything one word or concept at a time? Please try to read with the TM vitriol parked at the door....thanks.

If that's your eye for analyzation that you believe that swing is flat into the ball, and not "slightly up"...well then it's no wonder you write what you do. 🤷‍♂️

When you tout the top illustration. There’s is no doubt you want dump the barrel on plane and swing up.
HOPEFULLY we both know by now you shouldn’t use that illustration anymore. But you can’t stop. Because it fooled you long ago. You keep touting barrel behind the ball. That’s not what happens. So there goes your hitting philosophy. You don’t get the barrel in the zone as early as possible. You create a path that will let you commit the barrel when needed whether that be earlier or later..

the fact of the matter is we gets the hands on plane and catch the ball when we commit the barrel. Not as early as possible.

if this was a PM I would understand the ‘common sense’ theme. But it’s not so you must be more obvious with what you write ! I thought that’s using common sense right? 🤷🏻‍♂️😆 #busted

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So on board with you on this RADcatcher.

Am I realizing that I am coaching various athletes with unique physical and mental characteristics.

For hitting, do I have the courage to look at hitting as an individual event that that has variables such as:

• 11 Different hitting models
  • 2 Different hitting tempos
  • 7 Different visual patterns
  • Dominate eye
Or am I trying to mold all hitters into one?
Its nice to read someone paying attention!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It seems a little odd that the "down to" demonstration that King Albert describes has qualifiers attached to it (such as missing posture, etc.), yet the 'slightly up' swing plane that Teddy Baseball describes is taken so literally. Can someone send me a syllabus so I know which pros I'm actually supposed to pay attention to?

when Teds example is in his book ? It literally is literal. Right? Mud took it literally. Just saying. 😆

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What goes down must come up :)... where the ball is pitched dictates how far down and back up again

Just not down below the ball and then back-up (loop) ;)

I3lbNro.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles