Bat Speed vs. Exit Speed?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I also think there's "something" behind how much strength is "behind" the bat that doesn't really translate to batspeed. That's also another discussion.
While non-intuitive, the force applied by the hitter at impact is negligible in comparison to the ball/bat impact forces and can be ignored in exit speed calculations.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I think that's where we get down into the finer points such as MOI of the bat. I also think there's "something" behind how much strength is "behind" the bat that doesn't really translate to batspeed. That's also another discussion.
Agree!!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
While non-intuitive, the force applied by the hitter at impact is negligible in comparison to the ball/bat impact forces and can be ignored in exit speed calculations.
WHAT THE ?
Is that a math thing again ;) :)

radness

Dec 13, 2019
When my son is hitting with us he usually sits near me behind the pitching screen and hands me the balls..that typically works until he starts to lose focus and I am sitting there with my hand out for like 30 seconds and then his sister gets pissed and the whole thing starts to devolve.. :LOL:
I put my bucket on a little table ...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I keep my bucket on the ground and enjoy shagging the balls. I need all the exercise I can get and this is a way I can get it without thinking about it as exercise...

Jun 8, 2016
I keep my bucket on the ground and enjoy shagging the balls. I need all the exercise I can get and this is a way I can get it without thinking about it as exercise...
I don't mind shagging either but I have wised up lately and have brought the bag out with me. Previously I would throw them in (like I did when I was a kid) and that resulted in me getting bursitis in my elbow..my body is a mess. My Mom told me I needed to quit lifting such heavy weights in the gym when I was in my 20's...I should have listened :rolleyes:

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok..did I hit a nerve? ;) You were talking about getting seen by a college coach at a game. When there are a lot of good players in one setting there will be more college coaches there for the most part...The "* fish in a * pond" scenario you were likely referring to is a different topic..

Plus Marcela was rained out this weekend and it looks like rain this weekend too..when is the last time you were rained out 2 weekends in a row? :LOL:

no nerve. Just 2 sides to every story, that’s all. I see other kids get recruited from other states just fine. Like I said ‘if your good enough, they will find you’ or better said, you will get what you deserve or want.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01