Bat sleeve / bat Warner's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Any suggestions or pros/cons regarding bat sleeves / bat warmers ?
Thank you
Bat sleeves are great for what they are ... a way to prevent the bat from getting paint chips as it is thrown around in DD's backpack. They serve no other purpose.

Bat warmers serve no purpose at all. It is the cold, extra-hard ball that damages the bat, not the cold bat which damages the ball.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Bat warmers serve no purpose at all. It is the cold, extra-hard ball that damages the bat, not the cold bat which damages the ball.

Not really 100% true. While the extra cold ball is a factor in damage, so is a very cold bat which doesn't allow the fibers to flex like they normally would in ideal temps. So when you combine the cold ball and cold bat, not a good combo. When you have a cold ball and warm bat, the bat can compensate and flex a little better for that extra cold ball.
Don't get me wrong, the cold ball is the most damaging factor.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Not really 100% true. While the extra cold ball is a factor in damage, so is a very cold bat which doesn't allow the fibers to flex like they normally would in ideal temps. So when you combine the cold ball and cold bat, not a good combo. When you have a cold ball and warm bat, the bat can compensate and flex a little better for that extra cold ball.
Don't get me wrong, the cold ball is the most damaging factor.

Ball>>>>>>>>>>>>Bat. When cold, the compression of the ball increases and when you are hitting rock-solid balls, it matters very little whether the bat is warm or cold.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Ball>>>>>>>>>>>>Bat. When cold, the compression of the ball increases and when you are hitting rock-solid balls, it matters very little whether the bat is warm or cold.

I understand the ball and comp when cold.
I never said the bat being cold is the biggest factor. But there is a reason why a cold bat will compression test higher than in nice weather. That's why some folks have been known to try and keep a bat in their cooler before testing if they know their bat is on the verge of failing.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I understand the ball and comp when cold.
I never said the bat being cold is the biggest factor. But there is a reason why a cold bat will compression test higher than in nice weather. That's why some folks have been known to try and keep a bat in their cooler before testing if they know their bat is on the verge of failing.

CS20 - Don't disagree w/ you on the compression testing, but when its cold and there's a bat-ball collision, the bat matters very little.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
CS20 - Don't disagree w/ you on the compression testing, but when its cold and there's a bat-ball collision, the bat matters very little.

That's what this board is about, people agree to disagree and diff ideas. Life would be boring if everybody thought the same way :)

In all reality, I think we are on the same side. We just have a tiny bit diff in the degree we think the bat has to do with it really. It's not like I am trying to say its a 50/50 split...haha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207