Bat Shaving...Am I naive

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Agree with this. Rolled doesn't improve performance beyond manufacturer's specs, at least how I understand it. Also, I thought that when a bat goes through the bat testing process they roll the bat to give maximum readings/results and approve/reject based upon those results.

A prototype is rolled to help control the bat is manufactured in accordance with the licensing agreement. If it passes, those specs must be that used in the production of that model. The agreement also dictates that the bat be made giving consideration to a natural enhancement due to use will never exceed the set maximum performance levels. ASA also retains the right to test any bat with an ASA stamp at any time whether NIW or after 5 years of use.

This is due to the manufacturers had admittedly produced bat at the maximum levels NIW and stated the agreement wasn't specific as to when ASA could test the bats. That was when the grandfathering of a handful of bats took place (a decade ago) and a new licensing agreement put into effect.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma