Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I have ask this before but I will try again. What fires first obliques or glutes

This gif is at the point in which SOME hitters decel or reverse hip rotation. To avoid injury do not try this unless you are a stud athlete!
?

try again? I gave my thoughts before, before. Core.

I don’t agree, little kids reverse rotation all the time. It just shows how well you stayed anchored. It’s a recoil.

Apr 11, 2015
The more I think about it, I think the obliques should lead assisted by the rear glute onto the front glute. If you lead with the rear glute the obliques usage will be slightly minimized.

thats what I was saying.
I wrote this in a PM to someone earlier today who asked a couple questions...
Yes, the obliques do get involved in "assisting", by pulling the rib cage (and thusly rear shoulder) down and around forward as they're getting pulled on by the top of the already forward turning iliac crest they're attached to at the bottom, and will contract some on their own depending on pitch (lower) location at times.
If that helps explain how the obliques actually work in the swing (or punch).

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
try again? I gave my thoughts before, before. Core.

I don’t agree, little kids reverse rotation all the time. It just shows how well you stayed anchored. It’s a recoil.
Hard to teach or do purposely. It is a recoil or reaction to keep balance while throwing the barrel.

May 3, 2014
Hip joint getting pulled open from both sides. Where is lead foot when obliques start working to rotate trunk?
jmA9iD.gif

Apr 11, 2015
Maybe you read it to fast or my grammar is not up to par. But I have the glutes assisting the obliques.
So you're saying the obliques lead the glutes from above, and/or are pulling the glutes forward instead of vise versa? Would that not give you a "top down" swing if the obliques above "pull" on the glutes below them? Is that what you're really going for in the swing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi