Bat Path

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2015
The uppercut is one legged and the overhand is two legged???
I personally don't use the terms to define the swing/punch in that manner of speaking.

I use "one-legged" as a thought process that in the "move out" or the "forward" part of the swing sequence, the majority of the weight is carried forward on or with the rear/one leg, with the lead leg working in support or unison with it to assist in keeping/maintaining the weight "back" during that portion of the process.

Then as or when the hitter begins set or lower down, I believe that he does so into both or two legs, and it's against those two legs that he begins shifting, and leveraging the swing into. So I don't really believe that a swing is ever just "one-legged" or "two-legged", but rather works from one into the other.

But what I don't want, is for a hitter to use "two legs" to stride with, using their lead leg in that portion of the sequence to guide them forward and their rear one as a tipping point to be pulled off of, thus shifting their weight onto the lead leg, and subsequently swinging from there.

Hope that at least sort of answered your question.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I wanted to expand on this.

As I said, the rear leg does not propel anything in a direct way. It looks like "dead leg" but it is reactively doing something. And that thing is to basically hold it's ground. As the pelvis moves forward it does not try to turn with the pelvis. Eventually the hip joint will reach extension and the leg will then get snapped through.

The hip joint has to get open. Then it gets snapped shut or closed.

At the pause Bustos rear hip joint is open (extension)

jmA9iD.gif

One guy pushes/turns his rear leg - the other doesn't

LnwUoL.gif
Right handed hitters...
The right leg does more than hold its ground.
As the upper leg muscles connect with tushie, pelvic region/hips which is the driving force/power in the core rotation.
Just sharing what the right leg muscles are doing is very important to the strength rotating our core.

Left leg for lefties ;)

Apr 11, 2015
Right handed hitters...
As the upper leg muscles connect with tushie, pelvic region/hips which is the driving force/power in the core rotation.
Just sharing what the right leg muscles are doing is very important to the strength rotating our core.

Left leg for lefties ;)
Exactly. Thank you.

May 3, 2014
Right handed hitters...

Left leg for lefties ;)
Do you think the right leg is rotating forward or resisting rotating forward?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Right handed hitters...

Left leg for lefties ;)
1589831341844.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi