Bat Jack Verdict

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 9, 2013
Hello All. I am new to the forum and this is my first thread. Has anyone tried the Bat Jack? If so, what were the results? I see that Bustos endorses it big time.

Jan 24, 2009
Just received ours yesterday and have not hit with it yet. If it proves to be a good tool I will be making a few more out of one gallon milk jug handles.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
DD college team are required to use one and they bought one for each player. I tested them for Bustos and it forces you to use the correct grip. FFS posted that grip , which many kids do not use . I'm on Jim's web page, but I only tested the product. Jim is a baseball hitting coach for MLB and I wanted to see how it would apply to softball. It makes it easy to teach the correct grip, but I did the same thing with a girls pony tail holder for a few cents.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
My DD used her new Bat Jack at hitting practice last night and loved it. She said she didn't even feel it, although it made her hands feel a little bit different. She thought she was getting better extension with it, although I didn't notice any change in mechanics by watching.

Feb 5, 2013
Thought I'd add my opinion after DD has used it for a couple of weeks in the cage ...

She really likes it a lot and I'm already seeing a BIG improvement in her consistency and power. Granted, she's made some other swing modifications also, but it has absolutely helped her feel how she's supposed to be gripping the bat. She'll alternate between having it on and off for each cage session.

A few of the other girls have noticed it and asked about it. There initial reaction gripping the bat with it is, "Oh, that's weird". Gives me a pretty good idea that most of them aren't holding the bat properly.

Anyway, for the price, it's absolute worth trying to see if will make a difference for your DD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283