Bat drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2019
Her sequence is off some. Watch how long her back knee stays over her back foot. Notice how the back knee and the hands come forward together. This is mainly due to too much weight staying back during the forward move. Get her off her backside and the sequence should be better. Start a little taller and narrower to help her feel the forward move.

Back elbow is out racing the hands but I don’t see it as an issue right now. She doesn’t lose the barrel behind her or dump the barrel. She looks to have solid barrel control. I wouldn’t mess with that.

Should her belly button start by facing the plate? It seems more towards the catcher, which seems to me if you start there it would be difficult to see a thrown ball.

Nov 22, 2019
Her sequence is off some. Watch how long her back knee stays over her back foot. Notice how the back knee and the hands come forward together. This is mainly due to too much weight staying back during the forward move. Get her off her backside and the sequence should be better. Start a little taller and narrower to help her feel the forward move.

Back elbow is out racing the hands but I don’t see it as an issue right now. She doesn’t lose the barrel behind her or dump the barrel. She looks to have solid barrel control. I wouldn’t mess with that.

Previously she had too much weight going forward, in a lunging motion. Can't win. lol.

Aug 20, 2017
Previously she had too much weight going forward, in a lunging motion. Can't win. lol.
I would deal with the lunge for now for timing purposes. She will fix it in time. So many are scared of lunging. Staying back too long causes more problems imo. When her sequence is fixed she will fire legs/hips/core before the upper body. The lunge will be cured.

Aug 20, 2017
Should her belly button start by facing the plate? It seems more towards the catcher, which seems to me if you start there it would be difficult to see a thrown ball.
Wouldn’t worry about that. Some coil could be indicated by belly button facing the catcher. Just want to see her belly button advance forward with the back knee and front foot.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The back knee ERs in most cases, holding the ground during the forward move. Indication of trying to stay stable. How do you hit when your legs are not under you?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414