Bat drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Its truly rite here !!! This is where feel is real (connection to the core)..

SlBDkaW.gif

Yup. how about this one?

1614894987556.gif

Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Wondering how many of us, if we came across this player earlier in her career, would have tried to do something to quiet her hands. It's hard to tell from the gif, but looks like she takes her top hand almost completely off the bat several times right up until toe touch.

I do notice her back elbow seems to stay pinned to her side during the swing, it never seems to get near her armpit during the load.

right.. bc of previous events? Please explain.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Drop her hands next to her back hip in stance. Chest over toes. Or ‘nose over toes’. Get her stance to shoulder width or a tad narrower. Do dry swings. 100 or so. Post video. Then hit off the tee again. Post video. See if that jolts her pattern a bit.

Aug 20, 2017
Her sequence is off some. Watch how long her back knee stays over her back foot. Notice how the back knee and the hands come forward together. This is mainly due to too much weight staying back during the forward move. Get her off her backside and the sequence should be better. Start a little taller and narrower to help her feel the forward move.

Back elbow is out racing the hands but I don’t see it as an issue right now. She doesn’t lose the barrel behind her or dump the barrel. She looks to have solid barrel control. I wouldn’t mess with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00