Barnhill-Collegiate Player of the year. #usasoftball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Amazing how parents still let their kids play for the NCAA when the actors involved lack "integrity". The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Was just pointing out, indirectly, that players/teams that play outside of the SEC and PAC-10 are regarded as not playing challenging-enough schedules,
and therefore aren't regarded to be as qualified for seedings, awards, etc.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Wasn't it Sarah Nevins who went the whole year with like 3 IPs, then in the college WS got called for 3 in a row one game or is my memory faulty?

Nov 18, 2013
The SEC and PAC 12 are by far the top two softball conferences. Nobody else is close. I wouldn’t say other conferences are unqualified, but I’d definitely give more weight to them in seedings/awards etc. MN and JMU had amazing pitchers. Barnhill faced far better competition and they can’t really take perceived illegal pitches under consideration for POY so I’d say she deserved it.

May 8, 2017
What we have is an individual who knowing the difference between right and wrong, chose the latter to attain success
We have the institution charged with enforcing the rules of the game, not only turning a blind eye to her actions, but celebrating her success.
If that is not about the integrity of the game, please provide an example of something that is.

I'm not arguing that. However, you act as though she is the only kid in college softball pitching illegal.
What I'm arguing is the fact that people on this board have singled her out as a cheater.
Do you think that all the other college pitchers that either leap or don't toe up are doing so unknowingly?

If they are doing it and know they are doing it, where is your disdain for them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ruffle enough feathers, eventually someone in power is going to have to answer. I'd like to see someone, UIC, rules committee chairman, someone with some position of authority in the NCAA to come out and say, "Hey, we know there is a lot of chatter out there the KB isn't legal. We've seen the chatter and we'd like to lay this to rest. KB does not routinely leap, does not routinely replant and does not typically pitch illegally." Then this would all go away.

Problem is no one is going to do that because it's not true.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I'm not arguing that. However, you act as though she is the only kid in college softball pitching illegal.
What I'm arguing is the fact that people on this board have singled her out as a cheater.
Do you think that all the other college pitchers that either leap or don't toe up are doing so unknowingly?

If they are doing it and know they are doing it, where is your disdain for them ?

Note the title of the thread. :) I am sure there are others, but Barnhill is by far the most egregious offender. Yet the NCAA sees fit to name her Player Of The Year, so they are clearly complicit. It is no secret that she is cheating by design, dominating the game, and the NCAA is complicit. When the MLB steroid scandal broke those at the top of the game received the most attention because they gained the most from their actions. Nobody cared about the guy hitting .200.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
If you ruffle enough feathers, eventually someone in power is going to have to answer. I'd like to see someone, UIC, rules committee chairman, someone with some position of authority in the NCAA to come out and say, "Hey, we know there is a lot of chatter out there the KB isn't legal. We've seen the chatter and we'd like to lay this to rest. KB does not routinely leap, does not routinely replant and does not typically pitch illegally." Then this would all go away.

Problem is no one is going to do that because it's not true.

You are correct that would not lay it to rest as it is clearly a false statement. It would just show the complicit nature of the NCAA.

May 8, 2017
Note the title of the thread. :) I am sure there are others, but Barnhill is by far the most egregious offender. Yet the NCAA sees fit to name her Player Of The Year, so they are clearly complicit. It is no secret that she is cheating by design, dominating the game, and the NCAA is complicit. When the MLB steroid scandal broke those at the top of the game received the most attention because they gained the most from their actions. Nobody cared about the guy hitting .200.

Ok. I'll peruse the forums for all of the threads you've started about the other illegal pitchers.
And how do you define "the most egregious"? Is any one rule worse than the others ?
And again. You didn't answer the question about the other illegal pitchers. Are they doing it "by design"?

Feb 7, 2013

You mean some of these pitchers:

Dallas Escobedo (ASU WCWS Champs, NPF)
Kenzie Fowler (Arizona, WCWS, Gatorade POY(2x)
Sara Nevins (USF, Team USA)
Ally Carda (UCLA, PAC 12 POY (2x), Team USA)
Cat Osterman (University of Texas, Team USA, Gold & Silver Medals, NPF)
Sunderland-Finch (Cal, PAC 12)
Alexis Silkwood (MSU, all-time school records for wins)
Kaylee Carlson (Auburn, 25-3 record)
Kelly Barnhill (Florida, Team USA)
Kaitlin Lee (Ole' 'Miss, SEC Tourney MVP & Champ)
Nickie Blue (South Carolina, leap and replant)
Carley Hoover (LSU, leap)
Delaney Gorley (Florida, stride foot not on pitching plate)

There are many more but you get the point.....

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Ok. I'll peruse the forums for all of the threads you've started about the other illegal pitchers.
And how do you define "the most egregious"? Is any one rule worse than the others ?
And again. You didn't answer the question about the other illegal pitchers. Are they doing it "by design"?

IP's are they symptom, the issue is the integrity of the game. Consider the following:

1) She knows that what she is doing is illegal.
2) She does so to gain a competitive advantage.
3) She does so because she expects she will not get caught.
4) She is dominating the game due to her illegal actions.
5) She is rewarded by the media and the NCAA for her illegal actions.

Please tell me of another player in the game where all 5 apply.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00