Barnhill-Collegiate Player of the year. #usasoftball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2013
On the contrary, I'm not defending those pitchers in fact I have gone out of my way to highlight their illegal mechanics.

My two points for posting in these IP threads is:

b) to point out that the system is broken at all levels of the game and has been broken for more than a decade. I'm hoping that the governing bodies finally do something about it (either have umpires call all IPs or change the rules so everyone can enjoy the same benefits of pitching the same way).

i agree 100% so where does it start or who does it start with?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I liked Hillhouse's idea last week that allows the runners on base to leave at the forward motion of the pitcher. That would automatically force pitchers to get ride of that motion, wouldn't it?

CG

Even with a legal pitcher using an efficient motion, a speedy runner would move from 1st to 3rd on 2 pitches. A straight up steal is already a close play and you a going to give them more time to get there? When you muck around with the rules you will often experience significant unintended consequences.

Last edited:
May 6, 2014
Low and outside
Somebody named "blacklabgator" with 21 posts, all in this thread, and somebody named "cweb" who thanked almost every one of them. Yeah, nothing fishy there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00