Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
So the end of another season is upon us. Time to order some new balls for my 10u pitcher. So I was curious, what balls do you or your pitchers like to use? Which ones are junk?
Also, has anyone ever baught balls that are already striped? Pc wants to really work on spins this fall and I was wondering if these were worth buying or just put tape on a few.
I also plan to start using 12" balls this fall. Good idea, bad idea?

Feb 3, 2011
Worth Dream Seam

Add tape, if desired.

Isn't your DD a 2002? If so, there's really not much upside to making the 12" ball a regular part of her training yet, but I think it provides a fun change of pace to break it out on occasion. Some of the young pitchers like to try it, some of them don't.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We seem to play with the Baden Lexum balls here in a lot of tournaments so my DD likes to use these.

Worth Dream Seam's are good as well.

If she is going to be using the 11" Ball for another season stick with that as the primary ball but you can switch in the larger balls as a change of pace.

Dec 26, 2009
My DD has used Dudley ThunderHeat (similar to Dudley CFP) for the last 4 years. Great high seams, durable balls, and great feel of leather. The seams are a little tough on fingers out of the plastic, but when thrown overhand and used during warmups, they quickly lose the rough seam. They last a long time and maintain their feel. Unfortunately they are not cheap, but since they last longer than many others, I think it all balances out in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie