Bad team, last season, travel ideas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
If you aren't really looking to play college and not worrying about scholarships there are worse things than being on a team with kids you like to play with. I would look around and see if there are any tournaments that maybe you can compete in. Being in games is a lot more fun than hitting against some future D1 Stud who just blows you away. We used to try and find some BLD tournaments and Lake Tahoe when possible (living in Reno) to avoid some heat in the summer. We tried to get in a tournament in SoCal that would have been in our range and go to Disney for a few days after but some issues stopped that.

Apr 1, 2017
If you aren't really looking to play college and not worrying about scholarships there are worse things than being on a team with kids you like to play with.

This gets lost sometimes, because I think the majority of regular "message board" posters tend to skew towards having daughters playing college ball, or striving for college ball. For every team full of D-1 hopefuls, there are 100's of "local" teams filled with girls that just want to play. They aren't seeing their hitting/pitching coaches 3 times a week (or even have hitting/pitching coaches). Have fun with your team and spend a week at the beach, while also playing softball. Seems like a great time to me.

I do think the team manager/coaches need to do some research about the tournaments they sign up for. The beach is fun, but I wouldn't want to travel across the country to get run-ruled every game either.

Nov 4, 2015
Most of our team is different from this. Players and parents. We are all for a weekend full of softball. We could also all go vacation together and have fun. The kicker is that no one wants to mess up 5 days of vacation with 1 game in the middle of each day. Vacation or play. Now this is coming from someone who has not done a weeklong tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad