Back to work and open stance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
o0qyjr.gif

May 12, 2014
Not the best angle. But, here's a swing from last weekend. Am I seeing things or does her rear leg seem to be more "planted" than her tee swing?

[video]https://youtu.be/DWuHJVjX2dY[/video]

May 12, 2014
[video]https://youtu.be/Vno_rpNyi70[/video]

Quick update on DD. On her own she morphed into a no stride hitter. She said it helps her handle different pitch speeds better.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Nice quiet, compact softball swing. Looks like she has a lot of power not being used.

May 12, 2014
Thanks Ian, as always. She's hit a bunch that landed at the fence over the past season. But, you're right in regards to power. Right now she has warning track power vs homerun power. Now that the season is just about over...we can try some new things without worrying about game performance.

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Its good that she is making her own adjustments. Shes a thinker! She might be right and she will hit for higher average with a nice short no-stride swing. Whatever gives her confidence in the batters box is good. Confidence can be better than perfect mechanics in most cases.

Check out this swing: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r8pMphiBE5Q

Watch her eyes and her foot work. Do you see her backing up on the circle so she has room to stride? Seems like this is very important to her. She wants to back up and make room for her stride into the ball. She doesnt lift her foot up and put it back down where it was. She doesnt step, she strides. She doesnt lunge, she strides. She really gets everything in her swing and at the same time stays very balanced.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Nice quiet, compact softball swing. Looks like she has a lot of power not being used.

tumblr_ofbfd0VoUW1usf292o1_400.gif

Bold above...I agree. It's the thought that came to my mind when I heard your DD's swing 'morphed' to a no stride. My thought was a 'contact hitter'.
Your DD's swing is headed in the right 'direction'. What I might work on is using the hands as the pivot point and not the elbow. Seems to be top arm dominated her swing. I would have your DD continue to load longer with rear arm vertical. It gets vertical when your DD 'loads' her elbow. As her hips go forward I would have her hands continue to 'load' back further behind the 'corner'. I don't want to bore you and everyone else. Right now your DD has a 'push' swing. DD needs to learn to 'whip the barrel and she will find her power. Again JMHO.

Added: No stride or stride makes no difference on power or lack of power. Stride or no stride is a style choice. I would focus on proper hand usage on this particular hitter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez