Back to work and open stance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
RD Bass....the right fielder was out there. Took a bad angle and the ball shot over her head. If you watch it again, you'll see the 2nd baseman bail back and then you'll see the right outfielder flash towards the ball.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
RD Bass....the right fielder was out there. Took a bad angle and the ball shot over her head. If you watch it again, you'll see the 2nd baseman bail back and then you'll see the right outfielder flash towards the ball.

I'll have to watch again.

May 12, 2014
DD's season is over. She hit really well. Tried to get the "stretch" but, this has been harder than anticipated...haha! Not sure how to go about getting it.

Latest swing:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
This has been helpful for a few people in getting away from an all-back/all-forward movement pattern like your DD has...

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_obgjnytTH41usf292o1_400.gif

Kemp-Matt-2011-Side.gif

tumblr_obgjvf9onR1usf292o1_400.gif

Sorry but, holy cow, push swing, can't shift weight to the from side quick enough, get on my front leg, to drag my rear side so it doesn't have a chance to add any power to my push swing.

2nd swing:
tumblr_obgkirf6771usf292o1_400.gif

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
CB

Move the tee back a little bit. She's hitting the ball too far out in front. This is going to feel really restrictive and uncomfortable to her at first. She will have to make changes in her swing to put the barrel on the ball... hips first will be the only way she can barrel it up. She also won't get so far out on her front foot hitting the ball further back in her stance, which will keep her more balanced. She will have to move her hips out of the way first and keep her shoulder closed longer to barrel up a ball. Also with her hips out of the way she will be able to extend through the ball instead of pulling off the ball.

Keep working CB she can do it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG