Back from camp!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
Had an incredible week at softball camp and can't possibly imagine my child having had a better experience with her first time at a sports camp.

She was excited to get there each day and was always eager to demonstrate what she'd learned. She made several new friends and all the coaches were AWESOME.

She's sad that it's over now, but cannot wait to take her new skills to the practice field this weekend as she begins preparing for the fall season. :)

As for me, I had the opportunity to speak with a few dads and a mom (most were coaches) during the week and gleaned a lot of great info from them. I stayed out of the way, took a few pictures, and was relieved to feel comfortable with leaving kiddo at the facility while I attended to breakfast and work. It was also great to be able to see some 8-9 year olds who can really play ball, so I could finally get a good on-field comparison to evaluate her readiness to move up to 10u next spring. I left convinced that it's the right thing to do, even if it means she won't be a #1 pitcher.

Can't wait 'til next year!

Dec 19, 2009
My 12yo returned this past Sunday from an overnight D1 camp and I couldn't believe the difference. It totally renewed her love and dedication to the game to the point she is getting up and practicing every morning. The best part is she has been in a LONG time slump since last fall (yes that long) and nothing has helped, weekly hitting lessons, practices, etc. and all it took was one week at camp and she comes back crushing the ball. I was nervous she might not be able to apply it in a game till she went 2 for 2 tonight with both being fly balls to the outfield. She said it just all clicked for her while she was away. Couldn't be prouder

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2010
SoftSocDad, the very same thing happened for my DD last summer at camp, she realized that she could hang with alot of the girls a year or two older, and made several new friends.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My 7yo DD has gone the past two summers and it's made a huge difference in her. We are lucky because the HC is very involved in the community we live in and the school my DD attends with hers. She even took the time to come to our last all star tourney to watch some of the girls that had attended her camp. It's a big thrill for young girls to have someone like that there to encourage you. It's also great to have someone like that in the stands that takes the time to explain to parents why girls do some of the things they do.

I highly reccomend a good camp for any young girls out there. It can really turn the "light" on for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24