Auburn v Florida

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
She made the catch since the ball never hit the ground. Differnt story on a catch and tag. Kind of looked like the ball was bouncing around in the glove after she made the tag, if the ball was juggled after the tag she should be safe. If the ball was secure in the glove she should be out. Those are the rules and we have to follow the rules.

Would love for someone to post a clip of the catch in question and let everyone watch it and judge for themselves. It looks like a good catch and tag to me, and the home plate umpire called the runner out, so the 3B umpire overturned the call from over 70' away. To overturn that call I think the ball needed to hit the ground or have an obvious bobble.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
She made the catch since the ball never hit the ground. Differnt story on a catch and tag. Kind of looked like the ball was bouncing around in the glove after she made the tag, if the ball was juggled after the tag she should be safe. If the ball was secure in the glove she should be out. Those are the rules and we have to follow the rules.

Would love for someone to post a clip of the catch in question and let everyone watch it and judge for themselves. It looks like a good catch and tag to me, and the home plate umpire called the runner out, so the 3B umpire overturned the call from over 70' away. To overturn that call I think the ball needed to hit the ground or have an obvious bobble.

ian

Jun 11, 2015

Post 20 has one angle of the play. Maybe the catcher caught the ball in the pocket and the tag dislodged the ball to the snowcone position which made the catcher want to secure the ball with her free hand. How did you see it?

Jan 26, 2015
Southeast
Runner was out at home. Umps (both) made a bad call. Made another bad call calling a player out while the fair ball bounced up and hit her while in the box but he had balls to stand up to walton and not reverse the call. I guess he will never be behind the plate again. Walton pushed Haley. I rewound and played it several times. A high five just makes contact. A push moves the other person. He pushed her hard enough to move her shoulder. Should be fined by the NCAA. Poor sportsmanship on his behalf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Absolutely. Do you think there are any D1 programs that would pass on Barnhill, if so which ones?

It is not a question of passing on a player. Rather it is if you run your program with integrity and hold your coaches and players accountable to compete within the letter and spirit of the rules. Let me put it this way, if Geno Auriemma was the Head Softball Coach at Florida, I seriously doubt we would be having these conversations.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Post 20 has one angle of the play. Maybe the catcher caught the ball in the pocket and the tag dislodged the ball to the snowcone position which made the catcher want to secure the ball with her free hand. How did you see it?

I have already stated that I thought she was out, and cannot believe that a 3B umpire would overturn the call of the HP umpire on that play from 70' away. I will let others weigh in after watching the video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad