At what point does chanting go from annoying to un sportsmanlike?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Yes! The girls need to know that bullying behavior will not be tolerated. Girls can be vicious. If they don't feel like playing for each other, the team will not perform at their best. And of course, the parents will find another team with a better fit.
For sure..and when it is the coach's kid doing the bullying well..it can be a mess.

May 23, 2015
In my experience, it's never been the girls complaining about chants (or any other noise issue/complaints), it's always salty parents/adults. It's their game, let them police that stuff themselves- adults already insert themselves into the game WAY too much.
Yep. If you're not play and don't say a word. Sit back and enjoy the show

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
How about this being silly~
Runner takes off trying to steal.
Catcher fires ZAP
SS tags runner OUT
Defense busts out...
( with dance moves...)
"You tried to steal
We threw you out."
"You tried to steal
Now your sitting down."

GOT WORDS ....
CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM AND GREAT PLAYS ON THE FIELD !!!

Jun 11, 2013
While negative cheers really didn't bother our team we just wouldn't do it. The only one I didn't like was a team that liked to scream right before the pitcher released it (rec team). We politely asked them to stop but they wouldn't do it and coach acted like he didn't hear it. We put in our best pitcher the next couple of innings and had 6 K's in a row which kind of stopped it.

Truthfully more of the really bad stuff happened with parents of the other team.

Nov 4, 2015
DD doesn't hear much when she is pitching, but heard a good one while sitting and not pitching. After a high pitch, the girls on the other team yell something to the effect of "Get the pitcher a bucket.....She is throwing up!!!" they then proceeded to mimic the sound of vomiting as a group. I felt this one wasn't appropriate even for high schoolers.

May 6, 2015
While negative cheers really didn't bother our team we just wouldn't do it. The only one I didn't like was a team that liked to scream right before the pitcher released it (rec team). We politely asked them to stop but they wouldn't do it and coach acted like he didn't hear it. We put in our best pitcher the next couple of innings and had 6 K's in a row which kind of stopped it.

Truthfully more of the really bad stuff happened with parents of the other team.
this is actually addressed in many rulesets, dont know exact wording, but cant change volume or pitch once arm has started.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00