At contact

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
He is advocated something worse...Shift,...wait....then swing.

Not only did he get a pile of information wrong, but he clearly didn't test it out. He peddled his information without so much as climbing into the batter's box to see if it was functionally correct. He then documented it to speed up the spread of bad information.

I once saw a 'coach' (daddy-baller) attempting to teach a kid (his daughter) to stride to the location of the pitch ... just as Pete is advocating. The kid was frustrated as all heck ... in tears. The 'coach' (daddy-baller) kept barking at the kid to perform the swing as he instructed ... and she simply couldn't do it and still hit the ball squarely. The 'coach' (daddy-baller) couldn't understand and was being a bit nasty with his instruction ... demanding what he believed to be good instruction.

I'm sure that to the 'coach' (daddy-baller) that the instruction made perfect sense ... but he was putting the kid through hell ... something he could have easily avoided had he simply stepped in the box and experimented with what he was advocating.

If you are going to create a blog and disseminate information, then at least have the decency to test out the information.

Dec 11, 2010
Total hijack here.... FFS, noticed you referenced "Positional Hitting" book. I have one of Jaimes' bats, wondered what you think of the book and if you ever used his bats.

Dec 11, 2010
We have had good luck with the mp28, I believe it is 28" and has a very thick handle. I don't use it during the season, I'm going to go dig it out now. I usually just do a few swings off a tee until I see them tiring and then switch them back. Might have to play with some front toss.

I enjoy hitting with it, it has a great feel when you hit solidly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heatherann2006