ASU Obstruction?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
"she pretty much puts the blame on the SS" Well, that was nice of her. Perhaps the game needs more than a 3 man crew, at this point in the tournament.

The play certainly overshadowed the AL. pitcher's bad night and bad attitude, in the first televised game.

Jan 24, 2011
"she pretty much puts the blame on the SS" Well, that was nice of her.

The play certainly overshadowed the AL. pitcher's bad night and bad attitude, in the first televised game.

Nothing wrong with being honest about the blame on that play. Also , you are correct about the attitude of Dunn in the Alabama game. Really poor performance and didnt handle it well

Jan 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Just saw a college coach on ESPN , and she pretty much puts the blame on the SS. She says NO INTERFERENCE

The ball comes straight at the SS, the SS is already crouched down to field the ball, and just when the ball arrives the BR jumps up and down inches in front of the SS. So what should the SS have done? Dive forward to get kicked in the head? The theory that the SS must intentionally put herself in harm's way to get an interference call is ridiculous.

Apr 13, 2010
The ball comes straight at the SS, the SS is already crouched down to field the ball, and just when the ball arrives the BR jumps up and down inches in front of the SS. So what should the SS have done? Dive forward to get kicked in the head? The theory that the SS must intentionally put herself in harm's way to get an interference call is ridiculous.

I agree 100%. But to fix it the rule has to be changed.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Nothing wrong with being honest about the blame on that play. Also , you are correct about the attitude of Dunn in the Alabama game. Really poor performance and didnt handle it well

I was shocked at how she seemed to not know how to defend her position. She never looked prepared to field, and when the ball came her way she bent over at the waist. When Stanford was up I told my dd that if I was Stanford's coach we would be bunting the rest of the game. Force her to play every ball, I figure they could have gotten so deep inside her head...

May 1, 2011
Well, I'm still hurting from this one. A&M class of '02, and I stayed up to watch this one knowing that I had to be up at 4 am the next morning. I went from the highest of highs, to the lowest of lows all in about 10 minutes. I didn't like the walking of Boyd in the first place, and I was pretty much screaming at the screen while they were doing it. Obviously, if the coach isn't arguing to hard, she is aware that the "letter of the law" wasn't broken. I personally think it coul've gone either way. But, this just cements the fact that it is REALLY HARD to be an Aggie fan. My two teams (Houston Texans and My Ags) are constant breakers of my heart. It's rough being a sports fan!!!

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I have watched this play about 25 times now. I think the right decision was made. Tough call , but without any contact and it didnt look like the runner did anything intentional to infere , I believe it was just a "play on"

There was no interference and contact was and isn't necessary. The SS was not in a good position to field the ball, the runner did nothing, but avoid being hit by the ball and stay away from the fielder.

The SS did NOT react nor complain. That is a pretty good indication there was no INT. The coach asked if there was contact and the umpire said no.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA