ASA- Roseville, CA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
We stayed right across from the water park. Great hotel, but it was on the high side for cost. It tortured the girls having to see the water park every day. Oh, and plan for 100°+. That Sacremento Valley is HOT!

Jun 29, 2013
There's a lot of construction on eastbound 80 in Sacramento now, if you stay in Sacramento add at least 15 minutes to your commute to Roseville (total of 35 minutes). Another choice in Sacramento that is relatively inexpensive is the Residence Inn on Gateway Oaks, you're close to the 5-80 interchange. Carmichael is a little closer to Roseville, it's still about 25 minutes away. Auburn and Lincoln are other choices, they are small cities, not much going on after 6 in either area but if you're there for a tournament, you know the kids will be rested. :)

Oct 11, 2013
Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

MMD- funny looks like the hotel is very close to Lucille's and I love good BBQ- I'll have to avoid that one.

In FL in July it's 94- and it's definitely not a dry heat. You sweat if you answer the door.

Mar 21, 2013
Gotta love ASA, Roseville for nationals and Lancaster for So Cal States. Nothing like playing multiple games in 105 degree heat in those hotbeds of tourism eh?
Don't forget the Capitol building in Sac. You can usually book tours in advance. It's a good time killer and it's pretty cool.

Jun 29, 2013
Feel free to ask any other questions about Sac, I live and work here and am happy to help. The advice you've received so far about attractions is spot-on.

Mar 26, 2013
I expect you'll be flying in/out of the bay area, so I suggest you visit San Francisco on your way back.

You may have some extended time off during the tourney Mon-Thu if you have early games and/or win your first round game(s).

A trip into the mountains is quite an experience for people from Florida. Sacramento is only 30' above sea level and Donner Pass is over 7,000. Lake Tahoe is remarkable because of its size, depth and location up in the mountains.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan