ASA- Roseville, CA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2013
Looks like several of you may have been to Roseville, CA for past ASA nationals tourneys.

If anyone has any advice on the area, pitfalls to avoid, or things to do. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Our 12U team just qualified and already we are finding a shortage of appropriate rooms 8 months out!

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
We've stayed at most of the places nearby, never had a problem, some are brand new. We've stayed in Lincoln, Rocklin, Roseville, Auburn, friends stayed down in North Highlands(Sacramento) 20m away, but I'm not a fan of that area.
There's a big water park up there, plenty of restaurants and stuff. Lake Tahoe is about 2h away.

We were there around 3 years ago we stayed in North Sacramento at residence Inn cal expo (around 15 minutes from roseville)it is an extended stay that has kitchenettes with single rooms or lofts that you can go half on with another family reasonable and clean and best of all they let you checkout whatever day you were eliminated from the tourney... As far as things to do ...I slept and mom and kids went shopping mostly and their coach took the team to one of those extreme trampoline places which I wasn't very keen on.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2013
Hotels near Sacramento Airport | Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas

We always stay there when we play in Sac area. Especially nice if you have to stay for a week.

It's about 20 minutes away but a nice place to stay. 2 room suites nice if you have a couple of families that want to stay together. 2 kings bedrooms with own bathroom, living room, kitchenette with full fridge plus a sleeper sofa bed. Great pool, good breakfast

. Roseville has a pretty nice Holiday Inn express by the mall and a mile from water park. On about 1.5 hours from six flags too and 2 hours from Lake Tahoe. 2 hours to San Fran.

I'm guessing tourney will be huge so you might play in Lincoln or Folsom which are both nice places, but 20-30 minutes from Roseville.

Congrats

Oct 11, 2013
Thanks for the advice so far. Difficult to get 11 families from FL to CA and find accommodations that will work for all. At least we aren't looking last minute I suppose.

Glad I am not in charge of it!

Feb 3, 2011
What a huge trip! Sacramento and surrounding areas have plenty of charm, but if I'd never visited this area before, I'd love to visit Lake Tahoe and/or possibly a few of the sights in San Francisco. You can hit Sunsplash in Roseville or Raging Waters a few minutes away in Sac if you're looking for an afternoon cool-off. There's also the option to swim or go boating in Folsom Lake. Old Town Sacramento is a relaxing place to spend a couple of hours. Our local theater scene is highly underrated, but being a capital city, there are plenty of options on that front throughout the week. I've probably been to 6 different small playhouses and have enjoyed each and every one. We don't really have a killer mall or super store that you've got to see, but for those looking for a cool shopping experience, I'd suggest the Palladio in Folsom. Palladio at Broadstone | Folsom, CA Folsom also has a cool outlet mall. There are plenty of movie theaters wherever you turn.

Auburn is a short ways up the hill and has an old west, small-town feel (think gold rush) with plenty of little shops and I think there's even still a bookstore there. I'm in Lincoln and we've got, well, me as well as some very nice little cafés. My personal lunch recommendation is Whistle Stop downtown and you can't beat Kim's Country Kitchen for breakfast anywhere in the region.

The only area must-avoid that I can think of is Lucille's BBQ. You won't believe how many visitors get tricked into going there. Being from FL, I'm assuming you know good barbecue and I can tell you that Lucille's ain't got it. The restaurant has the right "look", but is a sucker's play and in 4 attempts, they never figured out how not to overcook the meat. And don't go to Dickey's either - they boil their ribs.

Good luck, have fun, and I hope to see you at the fields.

Mar 26, 2013
OP probably can't find rooms because ASA/USA hosts usually reserve them in advance and require teams book them through a housing coordinator after they qualify. It's usually on the tourney's website and in the information packet. I didn't find a website for the tourney, however Sacramento ASA used Placer Valley Tourism for last year's event.

Sacramento ASA is a proud partner with Placer Valley Tourism to help provide all your hotel accommodations and group travel needs. Placer Valley Tourism oversees the hotel rooms in the Roseville, Rocklin & Lincoln area where the majority of our tournaments are hosted.

For a list of hotels, pricing and contact info, please visit Placer Valley Tourisms Accommodations Page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan