ASA Post 2012 Code Changes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Thanks

Like this change:

In addition a player found in possession of an Altered Bat and found
guilty according to Article 505 shall be suspended from ASA play for 5
years. A team that is discovered to have within its possession or
control an Altered Bat may be suspended from further tournament
competition and from ASA Play for a period of 2 Years.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Does the change in Article 106 23 now allow for a player to be "released" from a roster after playing in a National Championship Qualifier? If so, is it only if the team does not qualify, or even if they do?... Thanks.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Does the change in Article 106 23 now allow for a player to be "released" from a roster after playing in a National Championship Qualifier? If so, is it only if the team does not qualify, or even if they do?... Thanks.

I believe it says "prior" to the Championship Roster deadline. It should be noted that local associations do not all have the same dead line.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
I believe it says "prior" to the Championship Roster deadline. It should be noted that local associations do not all have the same dead line.

I'm not sure what "the Championship Roster deadline" means. Here (Ga.), untill a player plays in a Championship Qualifier, she can play on, or move to, any team she wants. Once she plays in a Qualifier she is then "red lined" to that team's roster, and cannot play for any other team in ASA Championship Qualifiers. After the last qualifiers are completed, if her team did not qualify for Nationals, she is then eligeable to be "picked up" by another team, and play for that team at Nationals. Did any of that change? If not, what does this change mean?

Last edited:

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I'm not sure what "the Championship Roster deadline" means.

It means the deadline when Ga requires rosters to be submitted.

Here (Ga.), untill a player plays in a Championship Qualifier, she can play on, or move to, any team she wants. Once she plays in a Qualifier she is then "red lined" to that team's roster, and cannot play for any other team in ASA Championship Qualifiers. After the last qualifiers are completed, if her team did not qualify for Nationals, she is then eligeable to be "picked up" by another team, and play for that team at Nationals. Did any of that change? If not, what does this change mean?

Your guess is as good as mine. I have a feeling this is going to cause more questions than answers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00