2024 NFHS Rules Changes (Coming Soon!)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
Hopefully that title can be updated when we get there ...

I'm jumping ahead a little bit, but NFHS Baseball issued their overview of what is to come in 2024. Last year we didn't get NFHS Softball's update until August.

Here is what baseball is bringing to us:

*One-way electronic communication from the dugout to the catcher

*A game-management change which removes "fans" from an umpire's purview when declaring a forfeit. This places the responsibility of fan actions on the site administrator.

*More restrictions on wrist bands for play calling.

The article says there are five coming changes, but only mentioned these three. The rest will be released in the near future.

So ... will softball reflect similar changes? Will we finally get that much needed ban on face painting? [sarcasm!]

Jun 1, 2015
Will we finally get that much needed ban on face painting? [sarcasm!]

I can certainly hope so. I don't mind a couple of lines or a cross (I'm an atheist, swear to God), but I told my rec girls last night before our game (in western VT with a 6pm air temp of 91F and a heat index of around 95F), "There's a difference between intimidation and blackface - that's going to smudge all over. Keep it simple."

Jun 8, 2016
I can certainly hope so. I don't mind a couple of lines or a cross (I'm an atheist, swear to God), but I told my rec girls last night before our game (in western VT with a 6pm air temp of 91F and a heat index of around 95F), "There's a difference between intimidation and blackface - that's going to smudge all over. Keep it simple."
I played baseball for 16 years and I never wore eye black once. After seeing the way they use it now I feel like I missed out on something.. :ROFLMAO:

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
I played baseball for 16 years and I never wore eye black once. After seeing the way they use it now I feel like I missed out on something.. :ROFLMAO:
I gave it a shot in college football and felt like it did absolutely nothing except itch. Which made me instinctively want to touch it. Which smeared it. Which led to ridicule from teammates. The 90's were tougher times. :LOL:

Sep 1, 2021
My daughter's team insists that it be smeared after application. I guess it's not cool unless it's smeared. They spend more time smearing it than applying it.
I thought John Randle was really cool. I also liked Hawk and Animal, but this isn't doing it for me.

May 13, 2023
From the article, it was the wristbands had to be all one color, non distracting, and on the non pitching arm.
Thanks. Barely just glanced @ Maninblue post earlier.

Now seeing this communication rule possibility.
Like to see people's responses how a coach might break that rule.
Cuzzzz this is going to mean the coach has to control themselves LOL
'Prohibit coach from communicating with any other player besides the catcher'
Screenshot_20230707-140320_Chrome.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles