AROD fights back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Even though you are joking, I have a feeling there's more to this statement, I have no idea what you mean
You started like 2 or 3 threads the other day.. I mixed the Trout one up with this one..that is all.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Not a knock. Just please read that post again.

Arod didn’t know what he does in his swing? But earlier in another thread you said Altuve was practicing at a slower speed to feel certain movements etc.why? He doesn’t know what he’s doing correct? (that’s a whole different story by the way)

Pick and choose much? Or since it doesn’t fit your narrative discard as ‘he’ doesn’t know anything?

When I see a high-level MLB player demonstrating something vastly different than his game swing, and saying that's what he does, I have a hard time reconciling that he has a good grasp on what he actually does in a game swing.

When I see a high-level MLB player taking smooth easy swings that look like their game swings, it's pretty easy to reconcile how that translates to a game swing.

If you think teaching what ARod is demonstrating will help your hitters, go for it. Personally, I haven't encountered a situation where I have felt that it would be helpful for a hitter.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Control/balance and being short are probably more important critical factors wouldn’t you say?

None of these things are being impeded by TTB around the hands. The hands are not taking a longer path, or travelling slower when you TTB. Assisting the rotation of the barrel around the HPP shortens the time it takes for the barrel to get from 12 to 6.

Sep 19, 2018
It is a shame that a split second 'chop' is ruining the discussion around an otherwise good video. I think there is a lot of good information especially for young hitters trying to hit 400 foot homers.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It is a shame that a split second 'chop' is ruining the discussion around an otherwise good video. I think there is a lot of good information especially for young hitters trying to hit 400 foot homers.

I'm curious...What parts of the ARod video do you think were good?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Arod in the vid says a golf ball goes up because of a Ferris wheel swing. If you base your teaching on such a False statement the whole thing falls apart. It is SO BAD. Squaring up at full extension with the hands travelling down, Tilt or not, squishing bugs,all of it is so bad.
Its a good thing he has natural ability to overcome what he was taught.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I think there is a lot of good information especially for young hitters trying to hit 400 foot homers.
Yeah kids.....and don't forget your PEDs.....
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez