Arm extension after POC

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

nib

Dec 23, 2015
LOL! Tough crowd here! Must be some back channel story I am unaware of, and I am perfectly happy to remain unaware. I have noticed some interesting interpersonal dynamics in hitting forums.

rdbass, I have found your GIFs very helpful on BBF, thanks for all the visuals!

I am just looking for understanding, looking for clarity. I don't have a "belief", just making observations.

Eric F, thanks for the welcome! I agree about the the Cabrera GIFs and I see a bit of wrist action there.

Bottom line is whether I agree or not with others' assessments, to think it through helps me.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
No. I don't remember you. I care little about what sells. I care little for the tacky eraser throwing and insults on most public boards. That's why I left years ago. Lack of good moderating allows a public msg board to devolve to the lowest common denominator and I found myself down there rolling around in the mud with the rest and didn't like the picture. I think I'll take a few years off again and check back. Best wishes to all.
Come on dude, we're just pre-gaming. The mud fights don't start for at least a couple more pages. I want to hear more about this connection to the "bat". Maybe Sarge is available?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I can't tell that the hands have anything to do with this at all, except to hold the bat. Is hand-path, and knowing where the hands have to be, some kind of Caddyshack-like "be the ball" type thing? I guess I am not in Mike Trout's head, just looking at the GIF. I know back in the day, if I would have said "Marc Girardelli's feet recruit the whole body to accomplish the task", I would be fired from the ski team. Not trying to be too glib, maybe I need more education...
Hey nib, do you know what happens when a ML hitter doesn't trust their hands??? I mean, being a ski instructor and physician you may have missed those post game interviews where they almost ALWAYS say they are going good because they are really trusting their hands... What do you think they mean by that? Maybe it's some Caddyshack reference.

Or then again, maybe they have committed past responses to memory. They read and react. Read the pitch and respond by employing past successful experiences?

Last edited:

nib

Dec 23, 2015
...especially after you've screwed a kid up by teaching them connection - that the hands are just along for the ride...

Would you mind explaining this to me?

Edit to see that we posted at the same time.

I guess I would have to trust your statement, that somehow the hands are the peripheral brain or something, or they have mystical belief in their Hands. If they use that for baseball-jargon-shorthand for hand-eye coordination and intuition, that makes sense to my limited capacity to understand things.

Sounds like they have a cue that works for them and has some kind of meaning to them, I guess. I read somewhere that Josh Donaldson tells himself to take his rear shoulder and rear hip to the ball. I think that's a great cue also. Not really an anatomic, physical description, but that's cool, I like it.

I haven't been involved in ski racing in 30 years, so they may teach "take your feet to the snow" and "trust your feet" in the modern era.

I better get back to checking those post game interviews and figure out that hand trusting thing.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I really cherish being preached to by members of a PRIVATE SITE when they are in recruitment mode:
Lack of good moderating allows a public msg board to devolve to the lowest common denominator and I found myself down there rolling around in the mud with the rest and didn't like the picture.
nib????

nib

Dec 23, 2015
Sorry to disappoint, I am a green-as-grass dumb-rear newby. Look up my username on BBF, I am a harmless bloke, not been around long. It seems like a place where people like to mix it up though, and I was looking into how to get my boys to finish their swings more emphatically. I might stick around though, seems like you fellas have fun here.

Edit to say if I was in anyone's camp, it would be that Kevin G guy on BBF, although I didn't get his point sometimes either.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
But you haven't disappointed. You are exactly the dumb rear I expected. :D

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Truth bombs might be a perceived view point based on past truths or fallacies. Being a newbie and all, you should view everything I'm saying as gospel, right? You're a blank slate, correct?

Well, you did give your credentials. And I for one, am very impressed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse