Are pitchers required to stay within the 24” lines?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
Not true…..sorry someone has mis lead you.

Not true? You may want to read the NCAA rules.

From page 21 of NCAA rules:
Pitcher’s lane 8-foot lines drawn within the outer edges of the pitcher’s plate toward the inside edges of the inside front corners of the batter’s boxes; 24 inches wide at the pitcher’s plate and 25 inches wide where it intersects the pitcher’s circle

May 13, 2023
As I tell people all the time, never try to apply any other ruleset to NCAA, or NCAA to any other ruleset. There are far more differences than there are similarities.
Yep, Absolutely there are variances in the different rule sets of softball venues. Inconsistency across the board.

Perhaps you could post a screenshot of the information you are sharing to your discussion point. Instead of writing it yourself. That helps clarify for people it's not just someone's own words rather it's in the rule sets. I have not been able to download that PDF file otherwise I would have done it myself. Again I have never read Dimensions that indicated a cone shape. Does not mean it isn't so.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
Not true? You may want to read the NCAA rules.

From page 21 of NCAA rules:
Pitcher’s lane 8-foot lines drawn within the outer edges of the pitcher’s plate toward the inside edges of the inside front corners of the batter’s boxes; 24 inches wide at the pitcher’s plate and 25 inches wide where it intersects the pitcher’s circle
Just looked at the NCAA field diagram, and I stand corrected. You are correct. But if you look at the diagram. The lines are on the inside of the width of the pitcher plate and go at an angle to be 25” when they meet the circle. Without doing math, I am going to go with the when you look at them, and I have thousands of time, the naked eye will not detect that. And would bet more than 90% of fields they are drawn straight…you are talking about a minuscule angle…..the NCAA has a whole lot more to worry about then this for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0560.png
    IMG_0560.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 13
Oct 13, 2017
Just looked at the NCAA field diagram, and I stand corrected. You are correct. But if you look at the diagram. The lines are on the inside of the width of the pitcher plate and go at an angle to be 25” when they meet the circle. Without doing math, I am going to go with the when you look at them, and I have thousands of time, the naked eye will not detect that. And would bet more than 90% of fields they are drawn straight…you are talking about a minuscule angle…..the NCAA has a whole lot more to worry about then this for sure.

You lost that one. Stop digging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00